The Women in Brunel Engineering and Computing (WiBEC) Mentoring Programme supports female graduates and undergraduates to attain their full potential in the engineering and computing industry sectors. Going into its 10th year, the strong community of mentors and mentees has grown exponentially with over 1000+ members. Destination data gleaned from our mentees demonstrates the impact of this development programme with over 90% either studying or working in STEM.
The Programme consists of:
- One-to-one mentoring from an industry mentor – min 2 hours per month
- Mid November 2023 to September 2024
- Full time support from the Women in Engineering Mentoring Manager
- Sponsored place @ WES Student Conference
- Mentee of the Year 2024 Award and Award Dinner
Industry led skills sessions to include:
- Making the Most of You - assessment and workshop
- Mock interview day
- Cultural Awareness workshop
- Industry site visits
- 10 Year Anniversary Conference and Gala Dinner - June 2024
- Regular contact with your industry mentor
- Attend training plus the Launch event (Tuesday 5th December 2023) and 2 other mentoring events
- Feedback to the Mentoring team
You must meet the following criteria:
- Recorded female on your birth certificate
- Student of Brunel University London – Year 2 upwards
- Studying one of these courses - List of eligible courses
Our Mentors are from an extensive list of companies with extensive experience in their field. Each mentor has been selected for their commitment, skills and knowledge, and gives up their time voluntarily to work with you to help you achieve your goals.
This programme aims to help you promote yourself, have a better understanding of the career paths and opportunities available and develop a network of key industry contacts to help you succeed in your chosen profession.
To find out more about the programme, register for our ‘What is the WiBEC Mentoring Programme?’ event on Monday 9th October (no commitment at this stage!)