We aim to make a decision on all applications within fifteen working days of receiving them. However, during busy periods such as the UCAS main cycle deadline in January and the peak summer months of June, July and August this can take a little longer. Also if your course requires an interview it will take longer to make a decision on your application. We base our decision on your application as a whole.
Firstly, we check that your predicted (or achieved) grades are in line with our entry requirements for the course you have applied for. We then look at your personal statement and your reference to gain a better understanding of you as a person in terms of your suitability for your course, and we assess this in conjunction with your grades. Taking all of these components into consideration, we will then be able to decide whether or not we are able to make you an offer.
While you are waiting for a response from us:
- You can keep track of your application using the My Application facility. You can also use this to check that your details are correct.
- Follow us on Twitter @BrunelAdmission.
- You can find out more about Brunel. Why not talk to current students on our Facebook page.
- Decide if you would like to apply for accommodation on campus. You can apply once you have a conditional offer.
We will usually respond to all applications by email initially. If you think that you might have missed an email that we sent you then please check that you contact details are correct on My Application, and if you still do not receive anything then please contact us.
My Application: online status check
You can keep track of your application using the My Application facility on eVision.
Access My Application using your student number (also called your applicant number). This is created when your application is added to our database ready for assessment. We’ll send your applicant number by email automatically when this happens. Most applicant numbers will be seven digits long. This acts as your username.
If you’ve not logged in before, your password will be your date of birth. This must be entered in the format DDMMYY. Once you’ve logged in to eVision you’ll be asked to change your password to something you can remember.
Log into 'My Application'
Once logged in you’ll be able to:
- Check the status of your application.
- Upload extra documents to your application.
- Check that your personal details (Name, address and so on) are correct and submit an update for them if needed. If you move, or want details of your application sent somewhere else, this is where you can update these details.
Your application will be in one of five status:
- Pending: Your application is still waiting to be assessed. We aim to assess all applications within two weeks, but some may take longer during the peak periods over summer.
- Pending – awaiting further information: Your application has begun to be assessed but is missing some required information (for example transcripts). The missing information will be listed: please ensure that you get this information to us as soon as possible so that we can continue to assess your application.
- Conditional: We’ve made you a conditional offer, and you’ll need to meet the conditions to progress.
- Unconditional: You’ve met all conditions and been given an unconditional offer.
- Unsuccessful: Unfortunately, your application has not been successful – this is usually because you’ve not met the minimum requirements for your course. In most cases we’ll contact you to explain why you were rejected, and suggest an alternative course, if appropriate.
Making your decision
Once you've received your offers you’ll need to decide which you’d like to accept. It is important that you let us know as soon as possible as your place on the course may be offered to someone else if we don’t hear from you.
If you’ve applied through UCAS you must accept your offer online through UCAS’s Track service. You’ll only be able to accept one offer firmly and one offer as an insurance choice, so choose carefully.