Skip to main content



Is there anything I need to know before I arrive?

All the information you need to know can be found on our induction pages. We recommend you read them before you arrive.

What do I need to do if my personal details have changed since I applied?

Please let us know if there have been any changes since we last communicated with you. If you have moved house, changed your telephone number or your email address, please let both UCAS (if you applied for a course via UCAS) and the admissions office know. You can do this using the ‘My Application’ system.

My circumstances have changed since applying, in regards to a criminal conviction. What should I do?

You need to let us know about any unspent criminal convictions that you have not yet declared to us.

Additionally, if you are on a course in teaching, health or social care you must tell us about all criminal convictions, including spent sentences and cautions (including verbal cautions) and bind-over orders.

If it transpires that you failed to declare any criminal convictions, cautions, warnings, reprimands or bind-overs, your offer of a place will be withdrawn. You will need to contact the admissions office as soon as possible on 01895265265, or via Twitter @BrunelAdmission.

I think I may be eligible for the Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA). What do I need to do?

If you think you might need support whilst studying at Brunel you are strongly encouraged to apply for DSA which will pay for equipment, support workers and other adjustments you require. It is not means tested and you do not have to pay it back. You can apply now so that the support you need will be in place when you join in September. For more information and a DSA application form, please contact the Disability and Dyslexia service by phone: 01895 265213, or email:

What are the term dates for this academic year?

Term dates, including holiday closures, are published here.

When will I find out about my timetable?

Teaching timetables will be available via the University intranet prior to the commencement of term. Further information will be displayed via eVision throughout the summer period. Please note, if you still have to choose any optional modules your timetable will not be available until you do so.

When will I be provided with arrival information (where I need to be and when)?

If you are studying a taught programme you will receive information from the Admissions Office with details of when you need to arrive and where you need to go when you arrive. If you are joining a research programme(MPhil/PhD) you should contact the relevant administrator in your academic department/research institute to agree a day and time for you to arrive.

I am moving in to accommodation, what do I need to do?

You should have agreed a moving in date with the Accommodation Office as a part of your tenancy agreement. If you do not know when this is, or you need to change it, please contact the accommodation office.

I haven't received a letter from Brunel confirming my place. What do I do?

All successful applicants will receive an email confirming their place and what to do next. If you applied through Clearing or have only recently provided us with evidence that you have met your offer conditions this email will be sent to you shortly. If you have not received it within seven days of your scheduled start date please contact the admissions office.



What do I need to do to register in September?

An email confirming what you need to do will be sent to you closer to the time. If you are holding an unconditional place we will contact you in early August, if you are holding a conditional place we will not contact you until you are holding an unconditional place (i.e. when your results have been received and they are checked against your offer conditions).

I am registering part way through the year and not in September - what should I do?

An email confirming what you need to do to register will be sent to you within 14 days of your due start date (or within 7 days of you receiving an unconditional offer if that is later). All students are required to complete the first part of their registration online. If you are holding a conditional offer you will not be able to register until this offer is made unconditional so please send evidence that you have met the conditions of your offer to the admissions office as soon as possible.

I have not met the terms of my conditional offer. What do I need to do?

Unfortunately, if you have not met the terms of your offer we may not be able to confirm your place on the course. Please ensure you inform the admissions office of your results as soon as possible so that we can verify whether you can still be considered for a place on the course or release you into Clearing (UCAS/UTT applicants).

What do I need to bring with me to register?

All students must upload a scan of their passport as it is not possible to register without this. 

You must complete the online registration task as soon as you have access to do so (as soon as you meet your offer conditions, you should be sent online registration instructions). 

You should also upload scans of your original certificates and English language certificates to your MyApplications portal and, if applicable, your sponsorship letter, and documents to complete your Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), if your course requires one and you have not already completed it.

I need to send my passport to Student Finance / the Home Office / somewhere else - what should I do?

If you need to send your passport somewhere and it cannot wait until after registration you should scan your passport and upload it to your MyApplications portal before you send it.