• Course code: PH5639
• Module mode of attendance: Part-time
• Start date: 2021/22: 12 and 13 January, 19 and 20 March, 11 May 2022. 2022/23: 11/12 January, 11/12 March, 10 May 2023.
• Credits: 30
• Fee: UK / EU: £1,643. International: £3,000
• Assessment: VIVA presentation of a case study, logbook submission (250 cases) – included audit of cases, final assessment on placement – assessed by independent assessor.
• Full course: Musculoskeletal Ultrasound PgCert (CASE accredited for UK situational learning experiences only)
This module aims to develop students ability to recognise pathology on imaging, report it accurately but also develop an understanding of the evidence base surrounding the impact that those sonographic findings have upon a patient pathways. Considering normal ageing changes and determining relevance of imaging findings.
A significant focus of the module will be clinical mentorship, but taught contact days to refine skills and develop an understanding of tissue appearances will be provided. Group based working, online resources and learning materials will further supplement this.
Contact details: Tara.Potier@brunel.ac.uk / Stuart.Wildman@brunel.ac.uk / Enquiries@brunel.ac.uk