Skip to main content

Name Change

Brunel University does make attempts throughout a student’s studies to make sure that the name they are registered and therefore awarded under is their correct name. Unfortunately it is not possible to make any changes to a student's name on their record once a recommendation has been made by the Examination Board.This is to protect our graduates by ensuring the consistency and continuity of their records and the accuracy of the awarding by the University's Examination Boards.

If you have changed your name since being awarded, it may be possible for the Awards Team to produce a letter that recognises both the name you studied under and the name on your passport as being the same individual, thus connecting the two for future reference.

If you would like such a letter created for you we require your date of birth and your student ID number (if known) together with a scan of ID for both your old name and new name (passports are the best option for this as we use the passport number in the letter).

Please click here to make your request, attaching the required proof.