A creative writing degree with Brunel will give you a solid grounding in a subject you love, while also being the passport to a wide variety of career destinations once you graduate.
One of the best things about joining one of our creative writing courses is that we emphasise developing transferable practical skills like communication and critical analysis that are highly sought after in the graduate world. This, coupled with the opportunity to take up one-year placements that will boost your employability, means you’ll leave Brunel ready to succeed.
We constantly review our course content, not only to ensure it remains dynamic and engaging for students, but to keep our programme up-to-date with the latest developments within the creative industries. This means you’ll always be learning the theory and techniques that are relevant and tackling issues that will help you stand out from the graduate crowd.
Many of our graduates have gone on to do great things whether that is in the literary and creative industries, media related roles, business functions like marketing and HR and beyond. Follow some of their journeys to see how we helped to support them in achieving their goals. Please click here to read stories from our alumni.
Published books from our Creative Writing alumni
- Dream On, Amber (Emma Shevah)
- A Clockwork Heart: Chronicles of Light and Shadow (Liesel Schwarz)
- Sky Pirates: Chronicles of Light and Shadow (Liesel Schwarz)
- Imagine This (Sade Adeniran)
- Alarum (Wayne Holloway-Smith)
- Beloved, In Case You’ve Been Wondering (Wayne Holloway-Smith)
Biography and non-fiction
- How To Be A Writer: The Definitive Guide to Getting Published and Making a Living from Writing (Sally O'Reilly)
- Dark Aemilia (Sally O'Reilly)
- Ayrton Senna: The Messiah of Motor Racing (Richard Craig)
- The Letter Bearer (Robert Allison)
- A Watermelon, a Fish and a Bible (Christy Lefteri)
You could be our next inspiration