Dr Allan Tucker
Wilfred Brown Building 218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266933
Completed PhD Students:
- STEELE Emma (First supervisor): \"Combining Heterogeneous Sources of Data for the Reverse-Engineering of Gene Regulatory Networks\" (Completed 2009)
- ANVAR Yahya (Co-Promoter with Leiden University Medical Centre, Netherlands): \"Converging models for interspecies transcriptome studies of human diseases\" (2012)
- HASSAN Fadratul (First supervisor): \"Using Uniform Crossover to Refine Simulated Annealing Solutions for the Automatic Design of Spatial Layouts\" (2013)
- CECCON Stefano (First supervisor): \"The Identification and Modelling of Key Stages in a Temporal Process\" (2013)
- LI Yuanxi (First supervisor): \"The Exploitation of Cross-Sectional Studies to Infer Disease Processes\" (2014)
- BO Valeria (First supervisor): \"The Integration of Multiple Data Sources for Building Robust Gene Regulatory Networks\" (2014)
- TRIFFONOVA Neda (1st Supervisor): \" A Data-Oriented Predictive Ecology Approach to Modelling Fish Communities during Regime Shifts\" (2015)
- FRANCO Chiara (2nd supervisor in conjunction with Essex University), \"A Bayesian Network approach for assessing rate of changes in coral reef ecosystems \" (2015)
- HARWOOD Nathanial "A rise in the frequency of extreme weather in response to Arctic amplification and its implications for European decision-making: A Big Data Perspective" (2017)
- NICOLSON Nicky (First Supervisor) "Biodiversity Informatics" (2018)
- YOUSEFI Leila (First Supervisor) "Latent Models for Predicting Comorbidities in Diabetes" (2021)
- AL LUHAYBI Mashael (First Supervisor) "Predicting Student Outcome from Higher Education Data" (2021)
- GHOSHAL Biraja (First Supervisor) "When the Machine Does not Know" (2022)
- SAJJADI Erfan: "Discovering Disease Subtypes for Personalised Medicine" (2023)
- ALYOUSEF Awad: "Personalised Models of Disease" (2023)
Current PhD Students:
- Toyah Overton: "dunXai: DO-U-Net for Explainable(Multi-Label) Image Classification"
- Ben Evans: "AI for Camera Trap Models"
- Ylenia Rotalinti: "How to Handle Bias within AI in Healthcare"
- Barbara Draghi: "Synthetic Data for Simulating and Boosting Clinical Trials"
- Manoj Sinha: "Explainability and Interpretability in AI for Clinical Trust"
I have acted as internal (seven times) and external examiner - Imperial College London (four times). University of the Basque Country (once), Radboud University (twice), Leiden University (twice).