Dr Allan Tucker
Wilfred Brown Building 218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266933
Completed PhD Students:
- STEELE Emma (First supervisor): \"Combining Heterogeneous Sources of Data for the Reverse-Engineering of Gene Regulatory Networks\" (Completed 2009)
- ANVAR Yahya (Co-Promoter with Leiden University Medical Centre, Netherlands): \"Converging models for interspecies transcriptome studies of human diseases\" (2012)
- HASSAN Fadratul (First supervisor): \"Using Uniform Crossover to Refine Simulated Annealing Solutions for the Automatic Design of Spatial Layouts\" (2013)
- CECCON Stefano (First supervisor): \"The Identification and Modelling of Key Stages in a Temporal Process\" (2013)
- LI Yuanxi (First supervisor): \"The Exploitation of Cross-Sectional Studies to Infer Disease Processes\" (2014)
- BO Valeria (First supervisor): \"The Integration of Multiple Data Sources for Building Robust Gene Regulatory Networks\" (departmental EPSRC grant)
- TRIFFONOVA Neda (1st Supervisor): \" A Data-Oriented Predictive Ecology Approach to Modelling Fish Communities during Regime Shifts\" (NERC open CASE award)
- FRANCO Chiara (2nd supervisor in conjunction with Essex University), \"A Bayesian Network approach for assessing rate of changes in coral reef ecosystems \"
Current PhD Students:
- Erfan Sajjadi: "Discovering Disease Subtypes for Personalised Medicine"
- Leila Youssefi: "Latent Models for Predicting Comorbidities in Diabetes"
- Nicky Nicolson: "Biodiversity Informatics"
- Awad Alyousef: "Personalised Models of Disease"
- Nathanial Harwood: "A rise in the frequency of extreme weather in response to Arctic amplification and its implications for European decision-making: A Big Data Perspective"
- Mashael Al Luhaybi: "Predicting Student Outcome from Higher Education Data"
- Joanna Pawlik: "Data Mining the Flora at Kew"
I have acted as internal (four times) and external examiner - Imperial College London (twice). University of the Basque Country (once), Radboud University (twice), Leiden University (once).