Dr Allan Tucker
- Data Mining / Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bayesian Networks
- Big Data
- Biomedical Informatics
- Eco Informatics
Completed PhD Students:
- STEELE Emma (First supervisor): \"Combining Heterogeneous Sources of Data for the Reverse-Engineering of Gene Regulatory Networks\" (Completed 2009)
- ANVAR Yahya (Co-Promoter with Leiden University Medical Centre, Netherlands): \"Converging models for interspecies transcriptome studies of human diseases\" (2012)
- HASSAN Fadratul (First supervisor): \"Using Uniform Crossover to Refine Simulated Annealing Solutions for the Automatic Design of Spatial Layouts\" (2013)
- CECCON Stefano (First supervisor): \"The Identification and Modelling of Key Stages in a Temporal Process\" (2013)
- LI Yuanxi (First supervisor): \"The Exploitation of Cross-Sectional Studies to Infer Disease Processes\" (2014)
- BO Valeria (First supervisor): \"The Integration of Multiple Data Sources for Building Robust Gene Regulatory Networks\" (departmental EPSRC grant)
- TRIFFONOVA Neda (1st Supervisor): \" A Data-Oriented Predictive Ecology Approach to Modelling Fish Communities during Regime Shifts\" (NERC open CASE award)
- FRANCO Chiara (2nd supervisor in conjunction with Essex University), \"A Bayesian Network approach for assessing rate of changes in coral reef ecosystems \"
Current PhD Students:
- Erfan Sajjadi: "Discovering Disease Subtypes for Personalised Medicine"
- Leila Youssefi: "Latent Models for Predicting Comorbidities in Diabetes"
- Nicky Nicolson: "Biodiversity Informatics"
- Awad Alyousef: "Personalised Models of Disease"
- Nathanial Harwood: "A rise in the frequency of extreme weather in response to Arctic amplification and its implications for European decision-making: A Big Data Perspective"
- Mashael Al Luhaybi: "Predicting Student Outcome from Higher Education Data"
- Joanna Pawlik: "Data Mining the Flora at Kew"
I have acted as internal (four times) and external examiner - Imperial College London (twice). University of the Basque Country (once), Radboud University (twice), Leiden University (once).
Research project(s) and grant(s)
• Royal Society ”Incorporating temporal knowledge into models of microarray time-series” (2006)
• EPRSC “Data Integrity and Intelligent Data Analysis Techniques Applied to a Glaucoma Progression Dataset” (2010)
• NERC “A Data-Oriented Predictive Ecology Approach to Modelling Fish Communities during Regime Shifts” (2012)
• National Grid: “Statistical modelling of deterioration of overhead line conductors using Bayesian network and active learning methods” (2014)
•British Council Institutional Links Grant "A multi-dimensional environment-health risk analysis system for Kazakhstan" (2015)
- Dr Stephen Swift
- Prof Xiaohui Liu
- Prof Steve Counsell
- Dr Veronica Vinciotti
- Dr Mahir Arzoky
- Dr stasha Lauria
- Mr Martin Scholze
- Prof Martin Shepperd
- Dr Keming Yu
- Prof John Sumpter
- Prof George Ghinea
- Prof Zidong Wang
- Dr Amanda Harvey
- Dr Emmanouil Karteris
- Dr Daniel Bishop
- Dr Gudrun Stenbeck
- Dr Giuseppe Destefanis
- Dr David Broadbent
- Dr Andrea Capiluppi
- Visualise network