Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BSc (1st Class Honours) Mechanical Engineering - University of Westminster
- PhD Department of Mechanical Engineering - University of Westminster, 1982. Thesis titled `An Investigation of the Criteria to Give Optimum Performance from a Variable Capacity Heat Pump\'.
- MBA Master of Business Administration - University of Westminster, 1987.
- CEng Chartered Engineer, 1983.
- MIMechE Corporate member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 1983.
- MASHRAE Member of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, 1989.
- MIIR – Member of International Institute of Refrigeration
- MIOR -
- 1978 - 1981 Research Assistant - University of Westminster.
- 1981 - 1986 Lecturer in thermofluids and energy - University of Westminster.
- 1986 to date - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader/Professor in Thermodynamics and Building Services Engineering - Brunel University London.
- 2001 - 2004 Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2004 to date. Head of School of Engineering and Design
Newest selected publications
Marchionni, M., Bianchi, G. and Tassou, S. (2018) 'Techno-economic assessment of Joule-Brayton cycle architectures for heat to power conversion from high-grade heat sources using CO2 in the supercritical state'. Energy, 148. pp. 1140 - 1152. ISSN: 0360-5442 Open Access Link
Stylianou, II., Florides, G., Tassou, S., Tsiolakis, E. and Christodoulides, P. (2017) 'Methodology for estimating the ground heat absorption rate of Ground Heat Exchangers'. Energy, 127. pp. 258 - 270. ISSN: 0360-5442 Open Access Link
Wu, H., Tassou, SA., Karayiannis, TG. and Jouhara, H. (2013) 'Analysis and simulation of continuous food frying processes'. Applied Thermal Engineering, 53 (2). pp. 332 - 339. ISSN: 1359-4311 Open Access Link
Suamir, IN. and Tassou, SA. (2013) 'Performance evaluation of integrated trigeneration and CO2 refrigeration systems'. Applied Thermal Engineering, 50 (2). pp. 1487 - 1495. ISSN: 1359-4311
Gowreesunker, BL., Tassou, SA. and Kolokotroni, M. (2012) 'Improved simulation of phase change processes in applications where conduction is the dominant heat transfer mode'. Energy and Buildings, 47. pp. 353 - 359. ISSN: 0378-7788 Open Access Link