Professor Savvas A Tassou
Institute Director - Energy Futures
Elliott Jaques 087d
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266865
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BSc (1st Class Honours) Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Department of Mechanical Engineering. Thesis titled `An Investigation of the Criteria to Give Optimum Performance from a Variable Capacity Heat Pump\'.
- MBA Master of Business Administration.
- CEng Chartered Engineer.
- MIMechE Corporate member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- MASHRAE Member of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers..
- MIIR – Member of International Institute of Refrigeration
- FInstR - Fellow of the Institute of Refrigeration
- 1978 - 1981 Research Assistant - University of Westminster
- 1981 - 1986 Lecturer in thermofluids and energy - University of Westminster
- 1986 to date - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader/Professor in Thermodynamics and Building Services Engineering - Brunel University London
- 2001 - 2004 - Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2004 - 2014 - Head of School of Engineering and Design
- 2014 to date - Director of Institute of Energy Futures
Director of Institute of Energy Futures
Director Centre fo Sustainable Energy Use in Fod Chains
Newest selected publications
Marchionni, M., Bianchi, G. and Tassou, SA. (2021)
'Transient analysis and control of a heat to power conversion unit based on a simple regenerative supercritical CO
White, MT., Bianchi, G., Chai, L., Tassou, SA. and Sayma, AI. (2020) 'Review of supercritical CO2 technologies and systems for power generation'. Applied Thermal Engineering, 185 (25 February 2021). pp. 1 - 28. ISSN: 1359-4311 Open Access Link
Katsaros, G., Sommersacher, P., Retschitzegger, S., Kienzl, N., Tassou, SA. and Pandey, DS. (2020) 'Combustion of poultry litter and mixture of poultry litter with woodchips in a fixed bed lab-scale batch reactor'. Fuel, 286. pp. 1 - 11. ISSN: 0016-2361 Open Access Link
Atuonwu, J. and Tassou, S. (2020) 'Decarbonisation of food manufacturing by the electrification of heat: A review of developments, technology options and future directions'. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 107. pp. 168 - 182. ISSN: 0924-2244
Bianchi, G., Marchionni, M., Miller, J. and Tassou, SA. (2020) 'Modelling and off-design performance optimisation of a trilateral flash cycle system using two-phase twin-screw expanders with variable built-in volume ratio'. Applied Thermal Engineering, 179. pp. 115671 - 115671. ISSN: 1359-4311 Open Access Link