Making a Payment to Brunel
When do I need to pay my fees?
For most courses at Brunel you need to pay a deposit of £3,000. You will need to pay this your as soon as possible in order to secure your place on the course.
You can pay the rest of your fees in one of two ways:
- You can get a Early Payment Discount of 2% by paying all your tuition fees either before or at enrolment. (This offer is only open to students who are self funded)
- You can pay 60% at enrolment, and the remaining 40% at the start of the Spring term in January.
Brunel Alumni who were classed as full time international students are entitled to a further 15% discount off the cost of their fees.
What can I pay Brunel for?
You can only pay us your tuition fees and your accommodation fees if you are staying on-campus. You cannot pay us money towards your personal living expenses and we will not be able to reimburse you once you arrive in the UK.
If you are applying for a Tier 4 (General) student visa:
When preparing the Maintenance Requirement please note that if you plan to live in on-campus accommodation the maximum amount you may deduct from the living costs part of your Maintenance Requirement will be £1,020.
We therefore recommend that students do not pay more than £1,020 to the University for accommodation before arriving in the UK. Instead you should retain further accommodation payments in your bank account, to support your visa application.
For more information about the Maintenance Requirement when applying for a Tier 4 student visa please see our Visas and Immigration website.
Please start planning in advance to make sure you will have enough money in your bank account for your Tier 4 visa application
How do I make a payment?
The University's preferred method of payment for all fees, accommodation charges and miscellaneous items is by debit/credit card via either the online payment facility or by telephone/in person at the Cash Office located in the Bannerman Centre.
Payments in cash exceeding £5,000 will require one working day's notice before making payment. Due to anti-money laundering regulations, large cash payments may require further investigation potentially resulting in processing delays and should therefore only be used as a method of last resort.
Due to UK banking restrictions, Travellers Cheques can no longer be accepted.
When making a payment online you should use your name and student number as the payment reference.
Bank name: HSBC
PO Box 41, High Street,
UK, UB8 1BY
Account name: Brunel University
Sort code: 40-45-08
Account number: 01478230
Swift code: MIDLGB2109L
Iban number: GB16MIDL40450801478230
Note: All the 0's in the above Banking information are numeric "zero" and not alpha O.
Cheques should be made payable to “Brunel University” and should have the student number written on the back of the cheque
How do I set up a UK Bank Account?
The British Banking Organisation (BBA) has a helpful guide to setting up a UK account on their website: