Vaccinations and clinics
Please make sure you are up to date with all your vaccinations. If you are starting an occupational health course you must ensure that your vaccinations are dealt with before you come to University. The vaccinations you require are: MMR, ACWY, hepatitis B, DTP and Polio.
We have vaccination clinic sessions for MMR and ACWY during the first few weeks of you joining the University; these will be advertised around the campus.
During registration all students will be invited to do a Chlamydia screening test as part of the Medical Centre registration process.
We have a sexual health clinic Monday to Friday from 11.30am to 1pm; there is no need to book an appointment.
- Diabetic - annual blood screening for health (Diabetic passport must be updated).
- Asthma - annual monitoring.
- Hypertension - medication and blood pressure monitoring.
- Child Surveillance - 6 week check and Immunisation.
- Sexual Health - advice and guidance available. Contraception implants, injections, condoms and chlamydia screening available.
- Antenatal and Postnatal - care provided by the GP's.
- Minor Surgery (Skin tags) - at the discretion of the GP.
- Travel - comprehensive travel advice service. Some vaccination incur travel, the costs are available on request.
- Drugs and alcohol - consultations with the doctors.
- Cervical smears - Between the ages of 25 – 49 smear tests should be done three yearly. Between the ages of 50-64 cervical screening tests should be done five yearly.
- Sports injury and physiotherapy - Sport injury physiotherapist on site.
- Stopping smoking - initial consultation takes place at the practise.
- Immunisations - subject to discussion with the nurse. Flu vaccinations start in October for people over the age of 65 and people at risk e.g. chronic chest disease, heart disease and pregnant women.
- Travel Vaccination - If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas winthin countries that you are visiting to dertermine what vaccinations are required.