Brunel University offers bursary opportunities for students who are conducting work experience as part of their course. This gives students the opportunity to gain invaluable educational and practical skills, both locally and globally.
The Santander Travel Bursary is aimed at students who have secured a placement overseas.
The bursary provides £500 for placements in Europe and £1,000 outside Europe.
The recipient is expected to keep a journal, blog or vlog of their experiences.
Terms and Conditions:
- The bursary must be repaid if you don’t complete your placement
- Your Placement Adviser will need to carry out a risk assessment
- This bursary is not usually available for international students doing placements in their home country (though there have been some exceptions in very large countries)
- You must agree to helping with promotional material for the following year if required.
For more information please contact Nicholas.Mclaughlin@brunel.ac.uk or visit the PDC office.
The Global Opportunities Fund exists to support a wide range of educational or work-based overseas activities. Students at any level can apply for support over a minimum of four weeks to the value of £500 in Europe or £1000 outside Europe.
The fund has been used to support time at foreign language schools, short-term overseas work experience and cultural exchanges. You would be expected to keep a journal, blog or vlog of your experiences.
Terms and Conditions:
- This bursary is not available for international students doing placements in their home country
- The bursary must be repaid if you don’t start or complete your activity.
Please contact Nicholas.Mclaughlin@brunel.ac.uk for more information or visit the PDC office.
Every year Brunel University works with The Bali Sports Foundation in order to offer Summer Placements in Bali.
There are a range of activities students can get involved in such as: Friendly Paragames, Brunel Bali Summer School, Bali Cup Wheelchair Basketball, Bali 4's Wheelchair Rugby and much more.
Basic accommodation is provided and Brunel University London will provide a £1000 bursary for each student.
- This opportunity is available to students from all disciplines and will you to learn valuable skills and do something rewarding during your summer break at University!
Please contact Nicholas.Mclaughlin@brunel.ac.uk for more information or visit the PDC office in the Bannerman Centre.