Brunel Summer Internship Programme offers eligible students the opportunity to gain eight weeks relevant paid work experience over their first summer break. This is open to all eligible first year undergraduates, from any course. Please contact a member of the BSIP team at email@example.com for more information. Please register here to express your interest in participating in the programme.
You will be paid a bursary for 8 weeks at 35 hours per week (or any combination totalling 280 hours) by the University.
The bursary will be in excess of the National Minimum Wage and paid during your internship which will take place between June and the middle of September 2019.
What is Widening Participation?
Widening Participation is a government-funded initiative to increase the number of students from under-represented groups participating in higher education. In order to ensure your progression, retention and success the University’s Widening Participation team delivers a number of initiatives to support you. This short term summer internship will build on your academic experience and employability skills.
Why do an Internship?
- Build your skills, knowledge and personal attributes
- Increase your self confidence
- Build your knowledge of graduate recruitment by applying and being interviewed for the internship
- Find out about a particular industry
- Make valuable contacts
- Have excellent experience to add to your CV and your HEAR report
- A chance for a potential future employer to get to know you