The non-traditional manufacturing technologies include all electro-physical and electro-chemical processes and all hybrid processes and new processes developed for the needs of modern manufacturing.
Processes and technologies
These include but not limited to the following processes and technologies:
- electro-discharge machining,
- electrochemical machining,
- laser technologies,
- vibration machining of brittle materials,
- abrasive flow machining,
- diamond machining,
- ultrasonic machining and many more.
All these technologies require:
- a carrier such as a machine (mechanical equipment),
- media for the process like electrolyte, dielectric, abrasive media, special tooling (e.g. single crystal diamond),
- super-fast electronics with challenging technical parameters (Over Current protection system triggering within few nanoseconds, Pulsed power supplies giving 20V, 10A for 50 ns etc.),
- control systems
- and/or adaptive control logics depending on the process and application.
Prototypes of our µECM machines
||Prototype One at SONPLAS GmbH for the needs of BMW
||Prototype Two at Brunel University London for research purposes. 3 UK companies interested in starting production of the machine.