Transport History Collection
The Transport History Collection includes a number of donations to the University over a number of years relating to British railway history, especially the Great Western Railway (GWR) and railways in the London area.
The main collections are the Clinker Collection, the Garnett Collection, the Mowat and Wookey Photograph Collections and the Channel Tunnel Archive.
Holdings in brief
- Books covering British railway history from the earliest times to the early 1980s
- Charles Clinker’s notes and correspondence concerning his Register of Closed Stations, and papers relating to his revision of MacDermot’s History of the Great Western Railway
- Railway maps including the early Airey and Railway Clearing House maps and junction diagrams
- Bradshaw guides
- Railway timetables – working and passenger timetables
- Photographs – British railway stations and signal boxes (Wookey), albums of railway scenes (Mowat), and railway structures (Kear)