Dr Hongying Meng is with Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London. He is an academic member of Institute of Environment, Health and Societies under the theme of Biomedical Engineering and Brunel Digital Science and Technology Hub at Brunel. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Lincoln, University of Dundee and University of Southampton. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University, Beijing in China. He is a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council, and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA) in UK. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) and IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (IEEE TCDS), and a general chair for 16th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2020).
- Reader in Signal Processing and Artificial Intelligence
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) CQUPT Program (China)
- University Redundancy Committee and Panel
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Environment, Health and Societies under the theme of Biomedical Engineering
- Brunel Digital Science and Technology Hub
- Human Centred Research
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
- Recipient of the Tsinghua-Kodak prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1999.
Newest selected publications
Li, L., Huang, J., Cheng, Q., Meng, H. and Han, Z. (2020) 'Automatic Modulation Recognition: A Few-Shot Learning Method Based on the Capsule Network'. IEEE Wireless Communications Letters. pp. 1 - 4. ISSN: 2162-2337 Open Access Link
Lei, T., Wang, R., Wan, Y., Du, X., Meng, H. and Nandi, AK. (2020) 'Medical Image Segmentation Using Deep Learning: A Survey.'. CoRR, abs/2009.13120. pp. 1 - 20. ISSN: 2331-8422 Open Access Link
Jia, X., Lei, T., Du, X., Liu, S., Meng, H. and Nandi, AK. (2020) 'Robust Self-Sparse Fuzzy Clustering for Image Segmentation'. IEEE Access, 8. pp. 146182 - 146195. ISSN: 2169-3536 Open Access Link
Lei, T., Zhou, W., Zhang, Y., Wang, R., Meng, H. and Nandi, A. (2020) 'Lightweight V-Net for Liver Segmentation'.45th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2020). Bacelona, Spain. 1 - 8 May. IEEE. pp. 1379 - 1383. ISSN: 1520-6149 Open Access Link
Cao, C., Swash, MR. and Meng, H. (2020) 'Reliable Holoscopic 3D Face Recognition'.2020 7th International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN). Noida, India. 20 - 28 February. IEEE. pp. 696 - 701. ISSN: 2688-7681 Open Access Link