Dr Hongying Meng is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London where he joined in as a lecturer in 2011. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Lincoln, University of Dundee and University of Southampton. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University in China.
Dr Meng has a wide research interests including digital signal processing, machine learning, human computer interaction, computer vision, embedded systems and communications. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council (UK), and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Senior Lecturer
- Level 2 coordinator of engineering courses at Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
- College international strategy group
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Environment, Health and Societies under the theme of Biomedical Engineering
- Human Centred Research
- Big Data Analytics
- Wireless Networks and Communications Centre (WNCC)
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
- Recipient of the Tsinghua-Kodak prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1999.
Newest selected publications
Cosmas, JP., Meunier, B., Ali, K., Jawad, N., Salih, M. and Meng, H. (2017) '5G Internet of Radio Light Services for Supermarkets'.Solidstate Semiconductor Lighting 2017. Beijing. 3 - 3 November[unpublished] Open Access Link
Tang, C., Tian, G., Chen, X., Wu, J., Li, K. and Meng, H. (2017) 'Infrared and Visible Images Registration with Adaptable Local-Global Feature Integration for Rail Inspection'. Infrared Physics and Technology. ISSN: 1350-4495 Open Access Link
Turabzadeh, S., Meng, H., Swash, RM., Pleva, M. and Juhar, J. (Accepted) 'Real-time Emotional State Detection from Facial Expression on Embedded Devices'.Seventh International Conference on Innovative Computing Technology (INTECH 2017). Luton, UK.Open Access Link
Jan, A., Meng, H., Gaus, Y. and Zhang, F. (2017) 'Artificial Intelligent System for Automatic Depression Level Analysis through Visual and Vocal Expressions'. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems. ISSN: 2379-8920 Open Access Link
Gaus, Y., Meng, H. and Jan, A. (2017) 'Decoupling Temporal Dynamics for Naturalistic Affect Recognition in a Two-Stage Regression Framework'.The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics. UK. 23 - 23 JuneOpen Access Link