Dr Hongying Meng
Dr Hongying Meng is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London where he joined in as a lecturer in 2011. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Lincoln, University of Dundee and University of Southampton. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University in China.
Dr Meng has a wide research interests including digital signal processing, machine learning, human computer interaction, computer vision, embedded systems and communications. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council (UK), and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Senior Lecturer in Signal Processing and Artificial Intelligence
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) Programs (CQUPT, China)
- Level 2 Coordinator of Engineering Courses at Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
- College International Strategy Group
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Environment, Health and Societies under the theme of Biomedical Engineering
- Human Centred Research
- Brunel Digital Science and Technology Hub (Industrial and Applied AI, 5G and Beyond, Quality Engineering and Smart Technology)
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
- Recipient of the Tsinghua-Kodak prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1999.
Newest selected publications
Lei, T., Zhang, Q., Xue, D., Chen, T., Meng, H. and Nandi, A. (2019) 'End-to-end Change Detection Using a Symmetric Fully Convolutional Network for Landslide Mapping'.ICASSP 2019 - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP). Brighton, UK. 17 - 17 May. ICASSP 2019 - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP). pp. 3027 - 3031. ISSN: 2379-190X Open Access Link
Lei, T., Jia, X., Liu, T., Liu, S., Meng, H. and Nandi, A. (2019) 'Adaptive Morphological Reconstruction for Seeded Image Segmentation'. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. pp. 1 - 14. ISSN: 1941-0042 Open Access Link
Liu, S., Liu, J., Zhao, Q., Cao, X., Li, H., Meng, H., (2019) 'Discovering Influential Factors in Variational Autoencoder.'. CoRR, abs/1809.01804.Open Access Linket al.
Lei, T., Jia, X., Zhang, Y., Liu, S., Meng, H. and Nandi, A. (2018) 'Superpixel-based Fast Fuzzy C-Means Clustering for Color Image Segmentation'. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems. ISSN: 1063-6706 Open Access Link
Zhang, Z., Chen, T., Meng, H., Liu, G. and Fu, X. (2018) 'SMEConvNet: A Convolutional Neural Network for Spotting Spontaneous Facial Micro-Expression from Long Videos'. IEEE Access, 6. pp. 71143 - 71151. ISSN: 2169-3536 Open Access Link