Dr Hongying Meng
Dr Hongying Meng is a Reader with Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Southampton, University of Lincoln, and University of Dundee. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University, Beijing in China. He is a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council, and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA) in UK. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) and IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (IEEE TCDS), and a general chair for 16th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2020).
- Reader in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT) Program (China)
- University Redundancy Committee and Panel
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Digital Futures
- Institute of Health, Medicine and Environments
- Electronic Systems Research Group
- Quality Engineering and Smart Technology (Associate Member)
- The 2022 AI 2000 Most Influential Scholars (Ranked 98th in Artificial Intelligence->Multimedia as a New Star) by Aminer, 2022.
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
Newest selected publications
Hu, S., Molaei, AM., Yurduseven, O., Meng, H., Nilavalan, R., Gan, L. and (2022) 'Multistatic MIMO Sparse Imaging Based on FFT and Low Rank Matrix Recovery Techniques'. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. ISSN: 0018-9480et al.
Huang, Y., Huang, J., Chen, X., Wang, Q. and Meng, H. (2022) 'An End-to-End Heterogeneous Network for Graph Similarity Learning'. Neurocomputing, 504. pp. 210 - 222. ISSN: 0925-2312 Open Access Link
Cretu, I., Tindale, A., Abbod, M., Khir, A., Mason, M., Balachandran, W. and (2022) 'Techniques to aid prediction of pacing dependence at 30 days in patients requiring pacemaker implantation after cardiac surgery'.2022 44th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBC). Glasgow, UK. 11 - 15 July. IEEE. pp. 2647 - 2650. ISSN: 2375-7477 Open Access Linket al.
Yang, W., Chen, G., Zhao, Z., Su, F. and Meng, H. (2022) 'iCGPN: Interaction-Centric Graph Parsing Network for Human-Object Interaction Detection'. Neurocomputing, 502. pp. 98 - 109. ISSN: 0925-2312 Open Access Link
Wang, P., Zhao, Z., Su, F. and Meng, H. (2022) 'LTReID: Factorizable Feature Generation with Independent Components for Long-Tailed Person Re-Identification'. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 0 (in press). pp. 1 - 1. ISSN: 1520-9210 Open Access Link