Dr Hongying Meng
Dr Hongying Meng is a Reader with Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Southampton, University of Lincoln, and University of Dundee. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University, Beijing in China. He is a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council, and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA) in UK. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) and IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (IEEE TCDS), and a general chair for 16th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2020).
- Reader in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT) Program (China)
- University Redundancy Committee and Panel
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Digital Futures
- Institute of Health, Medicine and Environments
- Electronic Systems Research Group
- The 2022 AI 2000 Most Influential Scholars (Ranked 98th in Artificial Intelligence->Multimedia as a Rising Star) by Aminer, 2022.
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
Newest selected publications
Wang, P., Zhao, Z., Su, F. and Meng, H. (2022) 'LTReID: Factorizable Feature Generation with Independent Components for Long-Tailed Person Re-Identification'. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 0 (in press). pp. 1 - 1. ISSN: 1520-9210 Open Access Link
Zhao, K., Chen, T., Chen, L., Fu, X., Meng, H., Yap, MH., (2022) 'Editorial: Facial Expression Recognition and Computing: An Interdisciplinary Perspective'. Frontiers in Psychology, 13. pp. 1 - 2.Open Access Linket al.
Chen, J., Zhao, C., Wang, Q. and Meng, H. (2022) 'HMANet: Hyperbolic Manifold Aware Network for Skeleton-Based Action Recognition'. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems, 0 (in press). pp. 1 - 1. ISSN: 2379-8920 Open Access Link
Qi, M., Cui, S., Chang, X., Xu, Y., Meng, H., Wang, Y. and (2022) 'Multi-region Nonuniform Brightness Correction Algorithm Based on L-Channel Gamma Transform'. Security and Communication Networks, 2022 (Special). pp. 1 - 9. ISSN: 1939-0114 Open Access Linket al.
Xia, R., Li, G., Huang, Z., Meng, H. and Pang, Y. (2022) 'CBASH: Combined Backbone and Advanced Selection Heads with Object Semantic Proposals for Weakly Supervised Object Detection'. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 0 (in press). pp. 1 - 13. ISSN: 1051-8215 Open Access Link