Dr Hongying Meng
Dr Hongying Meng is a Reader with Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Southampton, University of Lincoln, and University of Dundee. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University, Beijing in China. He is a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council, and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA) in UK. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) and IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (IEEE TCDS), and a general chair for 16th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2020).
- Reader in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT) Program (China)
- University Redundancy Committee and Panel
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Centre for AI: Social and Digital Innovation of Institute of Digital Futures
- Biomedical Engineering of Institute of Health, Medicine and Environments
- Intelligent Digital Economy and Society
- Electronic Systems Research Group
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
Newest selected publications
Zhang, C., Chen, P., Lei, T., Wu, Y. and Meng, H. (2021) 'What-Where-When Attention Network for Video-based Person Re-identification'. Neurocomputing. ISSN: 0925-2312
Zhang, C., Chen, P., Lei, T. and Meng, H. (2021) 'Triplet Interactive Attention Network for Cross-Modality Person Re-Identification'. Pattern Recognition Letters. ISSN: 0167-8655
Pereira, M., Meng, H. and Hone, K. (2021) 'Predication of communication effectiveness during media skills training using commercial automatic nonverbal recognition systems'. Frontiers in Psychology, 12. pp. 1 - 16.Open Access Link
Huang, J., Huang, Y., Wang, Q., Yang, W. and Meng, H. (2021) 'Self-supervised Representation Learning for Videos by Segmenting via Sampling Rate Order Prediction'. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. pp. 1 - 1. ISSN: 1051-8215
Lei, T., Jia, X., Xue, D., Wang, Q., Meng, H. and Nandi, AK. (2021) 'Fuzzy Student’s T-Distribution Model Based on Richer Spatial Combination'. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems. pp. 1 - 15. ISSN: 1063-6706 Open Access Link