Dr Hongying Meng is a Reader with Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Lincoln, University of Dundee and University of Southampton. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University, Beijing in China. He is a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council, and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA) in UK. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) and IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (IEEE TCDS), and a general chair for 16th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2020).
- Reader in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT) Program (China)
- University Redundancy Committee and Panel
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Centre for AI: Social and Digital Innovation of Institute of Digital Futures
- Biomedical Engineering of Institute of Environment, Health and Societies
- Intelligent Digital Economy and Society
- Electronic Systems Research Group
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
Newest selected publications
Du, X., Gu, D., Lei, T., Wang, S., Zhang, X. and Meng, H. (2021) 'HNSF Log-Demons: Diffeomorphic Demons Registration Using Hierarchical Neighborhood Spectral Features'. IET Image Processing. pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 1751-9659
Liu, W., Wei, X., Lei, T., Wang, X., Meng, H. and Nandi, A. (2021) 'Data Fusion based Two-stage Cascade Framework for Multi-Modality Face Anti-Spoofing'. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems. pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 2379-8920 Open Access Link
Song, H., Ren, X., Lai, Y. and Meng, H. (2021) 'Sparse Analysis Recovery via Iterative Cosupport Detection Estimation'. IEEE Access, 9. pp. 38386 - 38395. ISSN: 2169-3536 Open Access Link
Liu, Y., Peng, M., Swash, M., Chen, T., Qin, R. and Meng, H. (2021) 'Holoscopic 3D Microgesture Recognition by Deep Neural Network Model based on Viewpoint Images and Decision Fusion'. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 51 (2). pp. 162 - 171. ISSN: 2168-2291 Open Access Link
Fan, Z. and Meng, H. (2021) 'Coded excitation with Nonlinear Frequency Modulation Carrier in Ultrasound Imaging System'.2020 IEEE Far East NDT New Technology & Application Forum (FENDT). Kunming, Yunnan province, China. 4 - 22 November. IEEE. pp. 31 - 35.Open Access Link