Dr Hongying Meng is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London where he joined in as a lecturer in 2011. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Lincoln, University of Dundee and University of Southampton. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University, Beijing in China.
Dr Meng has a wide research interests including digital signal processing, machine learning, human computer interaction, computer vision, embedded systems and communications. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council (UK), and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Senior Lecturer in Signal Processing and Artificial Intelligence
- Course Director of Transnational Education (TNE) Programs (CQUPT, China)
- Level 2 Coordinator of Engineering Courses at Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
- College International Strategy Group
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Environment, Health and Societies under the theme of Biomedical Engineering
- Brunel Digital Science and Technology Hub
- Human Centred Research
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
- Recipient of the Tsinghua-Kodak prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1999.
Newest selected publications
Intzes, I., Meng, H. and Cosmas, J. (2020) 'An ingenious design of a high performance-low complexity image compressor for Wireless Capsule Endoscopy'. Sensors, 20 (6). pp. 1 - 16. ISSN: 1424-8220 Open Access Link
Egede, J., Olugbade, TA., Wang, C., Song, S., Berthouze, N., Valstar, MF., (2020) 'EMOPAIN Challenge 2020: Multimodal Pain Evaluation from Facial and Bodily Expressions.'. arXiv: Computing Research Repository, abs/2001.07739. pp. 1 - 8. ISSN: 2331-8422 Open Access Linket al.
Lei, T., Zhou, W., Zhang, Y., Wang, R., Meng, H. and Nandi, A. (2020) 'Lightweight V-Net for Liver Segmentation'.45th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2020). Bacelona, Spain.Open Access Link
Liu, S., Liu, J., Zhao, Q., Cao, X., Li, H., Meng, D., (2019) 'Discovering Influential Factors in Variational Autoencoders'. Pattern Recognition, 100 (April 2020). pp. 107166 - 107166. ISSN: 0031-3203 Open Access Linket al.
Qin, R., Liu, Y., Swash, M., Li, M., Meng, H., Lei, T. and (2019) 'A Fast Automatic Holoscopic 3D Micro-gesture Recognition System for Immersive Applications'.Advances in Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery. ICNC-FSKD 2019. Yunnan, China. 7 - 22 July. Springer International Publishing. pp. 696 - 703. ISSN: 1860-0794 Open Access Linket al.