Brunel Innovation Centre (BIC) has extensive expertise in electronic hardware development and the team are often involved from the concept-creation stage to system deployment. The Cambridgeshire site has a functionally equipped lab that can facilitate device assembly, rapid prototyping, troubleshooting and repairs of electronics systems. The Electronics team take advantage of modern Electronic Design Automation tools such as Altium designer to select components, specify and design printed circuit boards for bespoke electronics systems to suit research requirements. BIC’s engineers can perform pre-compliance tests and analyses including; overvoltage tests, electromagnetic assessments and thermal tests.
Areas of expertise;
- Design, development and production of power amplifiers.
- Control digital systems dedicated for UT cleaning.
- LRUT testing equipment.
- Data acquisition systems.
- Analogue power and low-level electronics design.
- Digital electronics including sensors and microcontroller firmware development.
- PC control software and Raspberry Pi.