Research opportunities for students
The Creative Computing Research Group carries out multidisciplinary research at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence (machine learning), serious and fun gaming, and cognitive modelling to simulate a physical world either as a virtual, augmented, or mixed reality environment. Typical areas to pursue doctoral research with this group include, but not limited to:
- Application of creative computing techniques (machine learning, serious gaming, and cognitive modelling) in wearable technology apps in mobile e-health and e-fitness on the go 24/7, and media communications.
- Digital games, and digital media access and management (particularly metadata, personalisation, navigation, summarisation, and standardisation).
- Applications of machine learning (Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms, Swarm Intelligence) in serious games and gamification.
- Accessibility Design in Games.
- Application of Creative Computing in Extended Reality (xR): AR, VR and MR.
- Computer Generated Music.
- 3D computer vision and graphics in creative applications.
- HCI in creative digital environments.