EPSRC Funded DTP PhD Studentships
Applications are invited for our EPSRC funded Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) PhD studentships starting 1st October 2021 within the College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences. Successful applicants will receive an annual stipend (bursary) of £17,609 plus payment of their full-time tuition fees for a period of 36 months (3 years).
You should be eligible for home (UK) tuition fees but there is a limited number (no more than three) of studentships available to overseas applicants, including EU nationals, who meet the academic entry criteria including English Language proficiency.
These DTP PhD studentships are available to support research in the below subject areas and work in the following research centres:
Applicants will have or expect to receive a first or upper-second class honours degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Design, Mathematics, Physics or a similar numerate discipline. A Postgraduate Masters degree is not required but may be an advantage.
Where appropriate, applicants must have English language proficiency to IELTS 6.5 overall (a minimum of 6.0 in all sections) or equivalent. If you do not hold this qualification already, you must indicate when you will achieve this qualification in your personal statement.
How to apply
Please submit your application documents (see list below) to email@example.com by Noon on Friday 4 June 2021. Interviews will take place in June/July 2021.
- Your up-to-date CV;
- Your document (300 to 500 words) setting out the ideas for your research project;
- Your personal statement (300 to 500 words) summarising your background, skills and experience;
- Your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Masters degree certificate(s) and transcript(s);
- Name of a potential academic supervisor in the College, if you have identified one;
- Contact details for TWO referees, one of which can be an academic member of staff in the College.