EPSRC Funded DTP PhD Studentships
College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences: EPSRC Funded DTP PhD Studentships
Applications are invited for our EPSRC funded Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) PhD studentships starting 1st October 2019. Successful applicants will receive an annual stipend (bursary) of £17,003 plus payment of their full-time home tuition fees for a period of 36 months (3 years). These DTP PhD studentships are available to support research in the University’s Research Institutes and the College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences in the following research themes and topics:
Applicants will have or be expected to receive a first or upper-second class honours degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Design, Mathematics, Physics or a similar numerate discipline. A Masters degree is not required but may be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible for home tuition fees through either nationality, residency (living in the UK for at least three years and not wholly for educational purposes) or other connection to the UK.
How to apply
You should submit all of the documents listed below by Noon on Friday 31st May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will take place during June 2019.
- Your up-to-date CV;
- A 300-500 word document setting out the ideas for your research project;
- A one A4 page statement setting out why you are a suitable candidate (i.e.: your skills and experience) ;
- A copy of your degree certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- Evidence of English language skills to IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent, 6.0 in all sections), if appropriate;
- Name of a potential academic supervisor and member of Brunel academic staff, if you have identified one;
- Contact details for TWO academic references. If two academic staff from Brunel are named as referees, one of them must be independent, i.e.: they are not involved in the supervision of your proposed project.