PG Placements (September)
PG Placements (September)
Those taking part in Brunel University's postgraduate business courses (listed in the 'eligible course' section) have the option to include either a one-year or three-month professional work placement as part of their studies.
This provides an invaluable opportunity for students to gain real-world experience and build the skills that employers look for.
The prior work experience of our postgraduate students varies; therefore, their placements may differ. For those students with prior work experience, a fixed-term contract that requires relevant experience with be accepted as a placement. On the other hand, postgraduate students without any prior experience can apply for internships, placements, or unpaid roles.
- The organisation must be registered in the UK
- The role should either be relevant to or have an element of the student’s course embedded.
- The contract length should meet the minimum requirements laid out by the university (Short Placement: 6 weeks or 30 days at a minimum of 6 hours each day and Long Placement: 44 weeks or 220 days at a minimum of 6 hours each day). Please note that the length does not include any holidays. This will need to be added to the required length.
- A supervisor / line manager must be allocated for each student.
- The organisation must meet and agree to all UK Health & Safety standards.
Students enrolled on the courses outlined in the 'eligible placement courses' section are able to begin a 3-12 month placement starting from September
- Address any skill gaps within your business
- Utilise an experienced international perspective in your workplace
- Introduce new concepts and ideas for projects
- Increase productivity within the workplace
- Benefit from up-to-date course knowledge and relevant work experience
- Utilise the placement as a trial period to determine their suitability for a contract extension or permanent positon
International students enrolled on all of the eligible courses above are able to work full-time (more than 20 hours per week) in placements that are approved by Brunel University London.
Please see section 9 - Annex C: Employment of specific categories of workers / work placements - UK Government right to work guidlines which confirms students can undertake full-time employment whilst on placement.
Advertise your vacancy
Maximize your reach to postgrad job seekers! List your placement(s) for free on our job board!
When advertising, please follow these instructions:
- Select Placement/Internship in the Type of Job section
- Choose Post Graduate Placement in the Placement Type section if you are looking for postgraduates only
- Select 1-Year Placement in the Placement Type section if you are open to receiving applications from postgraduates and undergraduates
Placement Advisor - PG Business
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more about business placements
Placement Advisor - PG Law
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more about law placements
Placement Advisor - PG Engineering
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more about engineering placements