Brunel University London provides this world-leading MSc degree with scholarships for the next generation of lightweight structures and impact engineers. Scholarships are available for September 2022.
Delivered near Cambridge at the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC), Brunel's unique Lightweight Structures and Impact Engineering MSc focuses on preparing you to design and analyse advanced lightweight structures to support carbon reduction targets for transportation, offshore, marine and defence sectors.
In reducing structural weight, it is essential not to compromise safety, as structural integrity and impact response under extreme loading become key design drivers.
As new simulation and material technologies emerge, there is a continuing need for CAE specialists to competently work across several engineering disciplines. With over 15 years' experience providing graduates to industry, including: Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, McLaren, and Rolls-Royce, this postgraduate engineering degree programme targets two key areas:
Firstly, understanding the linear and non-linear material and structural response over different operating conditions, which may include large or rapid deformation, failure (static and transient), and high strain rate loading (inertial effects, wave propagation and shockwaves).
And secondly, providing specialist training and competency in advanced simulation methods (mesh-based and meshfree) and application to lightweight structural design.
- Prestigious scholarships available
- Industry based programme delivered at NSIRC (Cambridge), providing access to specialist equipment and CPD training opportunities through TWI (CSWIP)
- Internship and placement options
- NAFEMS accredited Finite Element Analysis training
- Aligned with Engineering Council accreditation
- Taught in condensed blocks to support full-time/part-time study
- Industry-led dissertation projects
- Significant networking opportunities through direct contact with the industry at NSIRC and contribution to NSIRC annual PhD conference
- Laptop provided with full access to engineering software for the duration of your studies
The College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences & TWI are offering the NSIRC scholarship for Home, EU and Overseas fee paying students starting the full-time MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering in September 2022.
Click here to download the course brochure