Dr Ahmed Zobaa
Howell Building 217
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265335
- Power Systems.
- Energy and Environment.
- Smart Grids.
- Lighting Applications.
- Power quality problems in power systems.
- Grid integration of (marine) renewable energy.
- Design, performance analysis, and cost benefit analysis of (marine) renewable energy systems.
- Energy management.
- Energy Systems.
- Smart Grids.
I am very interested in hearing from graduate students who would like to carry out a research project on power systems, energy & environment, smart grids and education. My key objectives are:
- To support the student to design, plan, carry out, and complete independent and original research that can be written up as a completed research thesis.
- To assist the students to regularly monitor their progress.
I have supervised on more than 30 students as first or secondary supervisor with successful progression and completion.
Research project(s) and grant(s)
- British Council Researcher Link Workshop Grant, 2014-2015. (£35.4k, PI)
- Modular Development Plan of the Pan-European Transmission System 2050 (e-HIGHWAY2050), 2012-2015 (£13M, Co.I).
- Ocean Lider, Iberdrola Ingeniería, 2009-2012. (€30M, International Collaborator with University of Cantabria, Spain).
- Building Research Capacity, Southwest Regional Development Agency, 2008. (£400k, PI).
- ESRC/EPSRC Research Cluster: Britain’s Energy Security in a Multipolar World, ESRC/EPSRC, 2009-2012. (£400k, Co-I).
- The Partnership for Research in Marine Renewable Energy (PRIMaRE), 2007-2010. (£15M, Electrical Engineering Team Leader).
- (VN-TU116) Investigation of the Possibilities for Implementation the Active Power Filters for Increasing the Energy Efficiency of the Use of Electrical Power and Improving Power Quality, National Science Fund, Bulgaria, 2005-2009. (€55k, Co.I).
- Prof Gareth Taylor
- Dr Ioana Pisica
- Dr Maysam Abbod
- Dr Ruiheng Wu
- Dr Chun Sing Lai
- Dr Mohamed Darwish
- Prof Dmitry Eskin
- Visualise network