Professor Dmitry Eskin
Gardiner Building 002a
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265317
Professor Dmitry Eskin (1963) joined Brunel University and BCAST in January 2011. He received his Engineering and PhD degrees in Russia and worked in Russian Academy of Sciences (1988–1999). Since 1999, he was a Fellow in Materials innovation institute and since 2008 also an Associate Professor in Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands). He also holds positions of Guest Professor at Tomsk State University (Russia), Editor of Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Subject Editor of JOM, Editorial Board member of Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, and Series Editor at CRC Press. Prof. Eskin is a well-known specialist in physical metallurgy and solidification processing of light alloys, author and co-author of more than 300 scientific papers, 5 patents and 7 monographs. Current interests include fundamentals of continuous casting, effects of external fields (incl. ultrasound) on solidification, and composite materials. Prof. Eskin is a recipient of Warren Peterson Cast Shop Technology for Aluminum Production Award (2011, 2013), Aluminum Technology Award (2013) from TMS (USA) and Medeleev Medal (2018) from Tomsk State University (Russia).
- Physical processing of molten light alloys under the influence of external Fields (Exomet, FP7)
- Development of a degassing system for aluminium casting processing based on ultrasound (Ultragassing, FP7)
- Degassing machine for aluminium casting process based on ultrasound (Doshormat, FP7)
- Fundamental study of cavitation melt processing: opening the way to treating large volumes (UltraMelt, EPSRC)
- Development of efficient and scalable ultrasound-assisted solidification technologies for manufacturing advanced metallic alloys (Ultra-Cast, EPSRC)
- Upscaling environment-friendly cavitation melt treatment (UltraMelt2, EPSRC)
- Sustainable and industrially scalable ultrasonic liquid phase exfoliation technologies for manufacturing 2D advanced functional materials (EcoUltra2D)
Newest selected publications
Eskin, D., Komarov, S. and Tzanakis, I. (2023) 'Sonoprocessing of materials (Special issue)'. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 96. pp. 106376 - 106376. ISSN: 1350-4177
Chankitmunkong, S., Eskin, DG., Limmaneevichitr, C. and Pandee, P. (2023) 'Synergetic grain refinement and ZrB2 hardening in in-situ ZrB2/AA4032-type composites by ultrasonic assisted melt treatment'. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 24. pp. 2879 - 2890. ISSN: 2238-7854 Open Access Link
Khavari, M., Priyadarshi, A., Morton, J., Porfyrakis, K., Pericleous, K., Eskin, D. and (2023) 'Cavitation-induced shock wave behaviour in different liquids'. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 94. pp. 1 - 14. ISSN: 1350-4177 Open Access Linket al.
Tyurnina, AV., Morton, JA., Kaur, A., Mi, J., Grobert, N., Porfyrakis, K., (2023) 'Effects of green solvents and surfactants on the characteristics of few-layer graphene produced by dual-frequency ultrasonic liquid phase exfoliation technique'. Carbon, 206. pp. 7 - 15. ISSN: 0008-6223 Open Access Linket al.
Morton, J., Khavari, M., Priyadarshi, A., Kaur, A., Grobert, N., Mi, J., (2023) 'Dual frequency ultrasonic cavitation in various liquids: High-speed imaging and acoustic pressure measurements'. Physics of Fluids, 35 (1). pp. 1 - 13. ISSN: 1070-6631 Open Access Linket al.