Dr Ahmed Zobaa
Howell Building 217
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265335
Dr. Zobaa received his B.Sc.(Hons), M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Power & Machines from Cairo University, Egypt, in 1992, 1997, and 2002, respectively. Also, he received his Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from the University of Exeter, UK in 2010. Also, he received the Doctoral of Science from Brunel University London, UK in 2017. He was an Instructor during 1992-1997, a Teaching Assistant during 1997-2002, and an Assistant Professor during 2002-2007, Associate Professor (on leave) during 2008-2013 and Professor (on leave) during 2013-2018 at Cairo University, Egypt. From 2007 to 2010, he was a Senior Lecturer in renewable energy at University of Exeter, UK. From 2010 to 2019, he was a Senior Lecturer in power systems at Brunel University London, UK. Currently, he is a Reader in electrical and power engineering. His main areas of expertise include power quality, (marine) renewable energy, smart grids, energy efficiency, and lighting applications.
DSc in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Brunel University London, U.K. Oct 2017
Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Exeter, U.K. Dec 2010
Ph.D. in Electric Power & Machines, Cairo University, Egypt. Nov 2002
M.Sc. in Electric Power & Machines, Cairo University, Egypt. May 1997
B.Sc.(Hons) in Electric Power & Machines, Cairo University, Egypt. Jun 1992
Teaching, Learning and Student Experience
- Delivering lectures and tutorials.
- Designing, preparing and developing undergraduate and postgraduate modules, and teaching materials.
- Developing and implementing new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research.
- Assessing students' coursework.
- Setting and marking examinations.
- Supervising final year undergraduate projects, Masters Dissertations or PhD theses.
- Supervising my own research group.
- Supporting students through a pastoral or advisory role.
- Undertaking personal research projects and actively contributing to our research profile.
- Writing up research and prepare it for publication.
- Preparing bids to attract funding to our department and institute for a range of research projects.
Leadership, Management and collegiality
- Leading undergraduate and postgraduate modules.
- Organising and Managing MSc Sustainable Electrical Power.
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to the department.
External Impact and Markers of Esteem
- Contributing to professional conferences and seminars in my field of expertise.
- Establishing collaborative links with other institutions, industrial, commercial and public organisations.
- Engaging with the professional bodies activities.
- External examining at peer institutions.
- Developing and teaching power systems training courses in Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab of Emirates.
Newest selected publications
Eshra, NM., Zobaa, AF. and Abdel Aleem, SHE. (2021) 'Assessment of mini and micro hydropower potential in Egypt: Multi-criteria analysis'. Energy Reports, 7. pp. 81 - 94. ISSN: 2352-4847 Open Access Link
Kreishan, MZ. and Zobaa, AF. (2021) 'Allocation of dump load in islanded microgrid using the mixed-integer distributed ant colony optimization'. IEEE Systems Journal. pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 1932-8184 Open Access Link
Bansal, RC. and Zobaa, AF. (2021) 'Handbook of Renewable Energy Technology & Systems'. World Scientific Publishing. ISSN 13: 978-1-78634-902-6
Ćalasan, M., Zobaa, AF., Hasanien, HM., Abdel Aleem, SHE. and Ali, ZM. (2021) 'Towards accurate calculation of supercapacitor electrical variables in constant power applications using new analytical closed-form expressions'. Journal of Energy Storage, 42. pp. 1 - 22. ISSN: 2352-152X Open Access Link
Kreishan, MZ. and Zobaa, AF. (2021) 'Optimal allocation and operation of droop controlled islanded microgrids: a review'. Energies, 14 (15). pp. 1 - 45.Open Access Link