Dr Ahmed Zobaa
Howell Building 217
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265335
Dr Zobaa received his B.Sc.(Hons), M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Power & Machines from Cairo University, Egypt, in 1992, 1997, and 2002, respectively. Also, he received his Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from the University of Exeter, UK in 2010. Also, he received the Doctoral of Science from Brunel University London, UK in 2017. He was an Instructor during 1992-1997, a Teaching Assistant during 1997-2002, and an Assistant Professor during 2002-2007 at Cairo University, Egypt. From 2007 to 2010, he was a Senior Lecturer in renewable energy at University of Exeter, UK. Currently, he is a Senior Lecturer in power systems, an MSc Course Director and a Full Member of the Institute of Energy Futures at Brunel University London, UK. His main areas of expertise include power quality, (marine) renewable energy, smart grids, energy efficiency, and lighting applications.
Teaching, Learning and Student Experience
- Delivering lectures and tutorials.
- Designing, preparing and developing undergraduate and postgraduate modules, and teaching materials.
- Developing and implementing new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research.
- Assessing students' coursework.
- Setting and marking examinations.
- Supervising final year undergraduate projects, Masters Dissertations or PhD theses.
- Supervising my own research group.
- Supporting students through a pastoral or advisory role.
- Undertaking personal research projects and actively contributing to our research profile.
- Writing up research and prepare it for publication.
- Preparing bids to attract funding to our department and institute for a range of research projects.
Leadership, Management and collegiality
- Leading undergraduate and postgraduate modules.
- Organising and Managing MSc Sustainable Electrical Power.
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to the department.
External Impact and Markers of Esteem
- Contributing to professional conferences and seminars in my field of expertise.
- Establishing collaborative links with other institutions, industrial, commercial and public organisations.
- Engaging with the professional bodies activities.
- External examining at peer institutions.
- Developing and teaching power systems training courses in Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab of Emirates.
Newest selected publications
Ismael, SM., Abdel Aleem, SHE., Abdelaziz, AY. and Zobaa, AF. (2019) 'State-of-the-art of hosting capacity in modern power systems with distributed generation'. Renewable Energy, 130. pp. 1002 - 1020. ISSN: 0960-1481 Open Access Link
Zobaa, AF., Ribeiro, PF., Aleem, SHEA. and Afifi, SN. (2018) 'Energy storage at different voltage levels technology, integration, and market aspects'. UK: IET. ISSN 10: 1785613499 ISSN 13: 9781785613494
Zobaa, AF., Abdel Aleem, SHE. and Abdelaziz, AY. (2018) 'Classical and recent aspects of power system optimization'. ISSN 13: 9780128124413
Zobaa, AF. and Bihl, TJ. (Accepted) 'Security methods for critical infrastructure communications', inBig Data Analytics in Future Power Systems. CRC Press. pp. 85 - 106.
Rahimi, I., Ahmadi, A., Zobaa, AF., Emrouznejad, A. and Abdel Aleem, SHE. (Accepted) 'Big data optimization in electric power systems: a review', inBig Data Analytics in Future Power Systems. CRC Press. pp. 55 - 84.