Exit Menu

T Levels

Along with A-levels, BTECs and apprenticeships, students can now choose to study T Levels at selected schools, colleges and other providers across England. We welcome students applying to Brunel with T Level qualifications and expect the first students to be applying for entry in September 2022.

What are T Levels?

Introduced in September 2020, T Levels are a new two-year course available to students following on from GCSEs, as an alternative to A-levels. Similar to BTEC National Extended Diplomas, they’re equivalent to three A-levels.

The qualification is split into 80 per cent classroom-based learning and the remaining 20 per cent is spent on a 45-day placement with an employer. The T Level programme is intended to help you develop the knowledge and technical skills required for skilled employment, with the option to also progress on to university on completion.

How are T Levels graded?

You’ll be awarded an overall grade of Distinction*, Distinction, Merit or Pass. There’ll also be a grade for the core component (A*-E) and a separate grade for each occupational specialism (shown as Distinction, Merit or Pass). Your overall T Level grade will be worked out from the grades you have achieved on the core component and the occupational specialism(s).

Do T Levels carry UCAS points?

T Levels combine a mixture of classroom-based and 'on-the-job' learning - similar to apprenticeships. However, unlike apprenticeships, T Levels contain a greater focus on classroom-based learning so hold UCAS points and are part of the UCAS tariff that we use to assess applications to Brunel.

For more information about T Levels and which providers are offering these courses, please visit tlevels.gov.uk/students