NSIRC PhD Scholarships in Structural Integrity
The National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC) is a state-of-the-art postgraduate engineering facility established and managed by structural integrity specialist TWI offering PhD and MSc programmes in structural integrity. A number of PhD scholarships are available throughout the year in the following projects:
- Application of pulsed eddy currents to the measurement of residual stresses
- Laser Processing of Fibre Reinforced Plastic Composites
- Process capability study for Friction Stir Welding: Benchmarking the process variants
- Coded wave forms for high resolution ultrasonic guided wave response of complex structures
- Examination of residual stress state in pipeline girth welds subject to high plastic deformation
- Robustness of steel-framed offshore structures against fire and blast
Eligibility: Home/EU and International
Requirements: Candidates should have a relevant degree at 2.1 minimum, or an equivalent overseas degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics or Civil/Structural Engineering, Material Science, Metallurgy or Physics. Candidates with suitable work experience and strong capacity in numerical modelling and experimental skills are particularly welcome to apply. Overseas applicants should also submit IELTS results (minimum 6.5) if applicable.
Scholarship: This studentship is funded by NSIRC, industry partners and Brunel University London. For Home students a £24k per annum scholarship is available which will cover tuition fees and provide a competitive enhanced stipend for the duration of three years. International students will receive a scholarship of up to £30k which will cover their tuition fees and offer a generous stipend.
To apply please contact us by email: email@example.com