The Brunel Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences BSc gives students interested in pursuing careers in the sports and fitness industries a strong foundation in the sciences behind sport and exercise and how they relate to human performance and health.
You’ll learn how the human body works on physiological, biomechanical and psychological levels and how this can be applied to improve athletic performance, prevent injury, speed up rehabilitation and promote fitness and wellbeing.
You’ll develop the skills needed to monitor, evaluate, and enhance sport and exercise performance in laboratory and field settings and to design and conduct experiments with due regard for appropriate protocols, safety and participant consent.
Your studies will be further enhanced by some of the best sports facilities in the UK including our:
- Modern physiology and biomechanics laboratories
- Indoor athletics centre: an extensive indoor athletics facility
- Sports hall and indoor netball hall: a bespoke netball training facility
- Multi-use sports centre equipped with squash, basketball and netball courts and a superb climbing wall
- Members-only fitness suite featuring treadmills, cycles and rowing machines and a weight-training area with free and fixed weights
- Athletics track: an international-standard 400m six-lane track with full field event facilities
- Grass and third-generation (3G) all-weather pitches
- Outdoor tennis hard courts
We offer three study options. You can choose three years full-time, six years part-time or four years full-time with a one-year professional placement between years two and three that will give you the chance to apply what you’ve learned to real-life situations.