Entrepreneurial and innovation skills and mindset are a requisite for any businesses to succeed in today’s ever-changing world. Whether you want to start your own enterprise, enter the family business, or drive change within a large organisation, the Business Management with Entrepreneurship BSc will develop essential skills and give you tools you need to spark, build and manage.
This programme equips you with a robust understanding and experience of entrepreneurship and management and goes beyond theoretical learning. In your second year, you'll have the unique opportunity to create, run, and grow a real-life enterprise as part of a group project. This immersive experience allows you to apply classroom knowledge in a practical setting, preparing you to tackle real-world challenges in the business and entrepreneurial landscape.
Through a series of specialist modules, you will develop a wide range of skills, from financial management and strategy to innovation and problem-solving. This diverse skill set opens doors to various career opportunities. Whether you aspire to launch your own business, contribute to an established organisation's innovation strategies, or take on roles like business development manager, management consultant, or start-up adviser, this programme prepares you for success across a spectrum of business-related careers.
You will also gain sought-after transferable skills, such as: resilience, collaboration, self-management and reflection, critical and strategic thinking, building and maintaining relationship, and leadership. By learning through doing, you’ll hone these skills and thrive on solving social and economic problems.
Along the way, there are lots of resources available to help you to get the most out of your degree:
one to one mentorship: the programme offers a comprehensive one to one mentorship scheme that connects you with industrial entrepreneurs in your second year. These mentors share insider best practices and provide guidance that goes beyond traditional textbooks. Additionally, you'll benefit from the network of professionals and guest speakers from various industries who contribute to your learning experience, giving you valuable insights into the entrepreneurial and business world.
- Pitch event: you will present your business in your second year to real investors to receive feedback and investment; in a Dragon's Den style.
- We arrange public liability insurance to cover your enterprise’ sales to the public, in your second year, and give you the option of an HSBC business account
- Access to the Brunel Entrepreneur Hub, which offers expert advice, funding opportunities, and resources specifically designed to support student start-ups. The Hub serves as a nexus for entrepreneurial minds, offering a supportive environment for ideation and business growth.
- Through the Co-Innovate programme, you can opt to collaborate with an SME and help them solve a real business problem as part of your final year project
- London Ecosystem Engagement: Located in London, a global hub for entrepreneurship and innovation, Brunel University offers you access to a vibrant ecosystem of events, activities, and collaborations. From attending trade fairs to competing for awards like the Mayor's Entrepreneur award, you'll be immersed in real-world entrepreneurial experiences, enhancing your skills and mindset for success in the dynamic business landscape.
You have the option to take a work placement between your second and third year in established organisations or focus on developing your start-up business. Previous placement employers have included: Adidas, Microsoft, British Airways, PwC and Nissan. Find out more on our work placement year page.