Centre for Empirical Finance (CEF)
The Centre aims to produce innovative research that makes a material contribution to improving our understanding of international monetary and financial systems. It uses state-of-the-art econometrics to analyse issues with crucial business/policy implications, providing assistance to policy makers and market participants. Our main research areas are: Financial Econometrics; Risk Modelling; Micro Finance; International Finance; Computational Finance.
- To produce innovative research on international monetary and financial systems
- To use cutting-edge econometrics to analyse international financial markets
- To highlight the policy implications of the research findings
- To provide practical assistance to policy makers and market participants
- To provide expert mentoring, training and research skills for research students and junior academics