Patient Participation Group
The Medical Centre is establishing a patient participation group (PPG) to:
- be a forum to discuss topics that benefit the practice and patients;
- and take issues forward to try to improve our services.
What is a patient participation group?
The idea is to work with the medical, nursing and other support staff within the practice to provide practical support and to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health.
The PPG will seek to improve communications through its own newsletters and through the practice website along with the use of noticeboards and other forms of communications within the surgery.
More about what a PPG can try to do
- Communicate to patients how recent changes to NHS will affect services
- Letting the practice staff know more about the level and standard of service they provide from a patient's perspective
- Helping the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Helping patients understand more about their medical condition/problems
- Information on help available and support groups networks
- Improving the experience of attending the surgery
- Understanding you - the patient - and obtaining your suggestions for improving the service you get.
Who will be on the PPG?
Initially there will be representation from the GPs, practice manager, nurses, and reception staff plus patients drawn from across the practice.
This is flexible and can be adapted as the group gets more established.
How do patients communicate with the PPG?
- By email: email@example.com
- By writing to the chair (posted to the practice address)
- By talking to any member of the PPG (eg, in surgery while you are there)
Remember: the PPG will only work if patients communicate with us.
Would you like to participate in the PPG?
Tel: +44 (0)1895 234426
or +44 (0)1895 266904
Fax: +44 (0)1895 270964