Professor Dmitry Eskin
Russell Building 119
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265317
Professor Dmitry Eskin (1963) joined Brunel University and BCAST in January 2011. He received his Engineering and PhD degrees in Russia and worked in Russian Academy of Sciences (1988–1999). Since 1999, he was a Fellow in Materials innovation institute and since 2008 also an Associate Professor in Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands). He also holds positions of Guest Professor at Tomsk State University (Russia), Editor of Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Subject Editor of JOM, and Series Editor at CRC Press. Prof. Eskin is a well-known specialist in physical metallurgy and solidification processing of light alloys, author and co-author of more than 250 scientific papers, 5 patents and 6 monographs. Current interests include fundamentals of continuous casting, effects of external fields on solidification, and composite materials. Prof. Eskin is a recipient of Warren Peterson Cast Shop Technology for Aluminum Production Award (2011, 2013) and Aluminum Technology Award (2013) from TMS (USA).
- Physical processing of molten light alloys under the influence of external Fields (Exomet, FP7)
- Degassing machine for aluminium casting process based on ultrasound (Doshormat, FP7)
- Fundamental study of cavitation melt processing: opening the way to treating large volumes (UltraMelt, EPSRC)
- Development of efficient and scalable ultrasound-assisted solidification technologies for manufacturing advanced metallic alloys (Ultra-Cast. EPSRC)
- New model of the third cycle in engineering education due to Bologna Process in BY, RU, UA (NetCEng, Tempus, FP7)
- Ultrasonic fractional purification of recycled Al alloys (iCase, EPSRC and JLR)
Newest selected publications
Dybalska, A., Eskin, DG. and Patel, JB. (2018) 'Validation of the Physical Simulations of a Stirred Molten Metal Using Particle Image Velocimetry Data'. JOM, 70 (7). pp. 1256 - 1260. ISSN: 1047-4838 Open Access Link
Lebon, B., Tzanakis, I., Pericleous, K. and Eskin, D. (2018) 'Experimental and numerical investigation of acoustic pressures in different liquids'. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 42 (April). pp. 411 - 421. ISSN: 1350-4177 Open Access Link
Wang, B., Tan, D., Lee, TL., Khong, JC., Wang, F., Eskin, D., (2018) 'Data and videos for ultra fast synchrotron X-ray imaging studies of metal solidification under ultrasound'. Data inBrief, 17. pp. 837 - 841. ISSN: 2352-3409 Open Access Linket al.
Khvan, AV., Eskin, D., Starodub, KF., Dinsdale, AT., Wang, F., Fang, C., (Accepted) 'New insights into solidification and phase equilibria in the Al-Al3Zr system: theoretical and experimental investigations'. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. ISSN: 1873-4669 Open Access Linket al.
Wang, F., Eskin, D., Mi, J., Wang, C., Koe, B., King, A., (2017) 'A synchrotron X-radiography study of the fragmentation and refinement of primary intermetallic particles in an Al-35Cu alloy induced by ultrasonic melt processing'. Acta Materialia, 141. pp. 142 - 153. ISSN: 1359-6454 Open Access Linket al.