Ms Silvia Fischer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Silvia Fischer is a German language teacher with extensive experience in adult education, corporate training and higher education. She is also an Expressive Writing Therapist and Instructor for Autogenic Training.
Born in Austria, she studied for a joint degree German Philology and a subject combination of Journalism, World Literature, Film studies and Sociology in Vienna. After spending time in New York and Sao Paulo she moved to London in 2003, where she continued her education at the University of Greenwich (PGDip in Management of Language Learning).
In London, Silvia worked as a German teacher for Westminster Adult Education Service, West London College, European Medicine Agency, London Business School, Royal Academy of Music and as an in-house trainer for The Civil Aviation Authority, The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Prior to joining Brunel University London in September 2015, Silvia held the positions of Deputy Team Leader for German and Lecturer in German at King´s College London´s Modern Language Centre.
Silvia's main interests are cinema, literature, visual arts, teaching methodology, didactics of grammar teaching and the use of Information and Communication Technology in teaching.
- General German courses at all levels (A1-C2 CEFR)
- Specialist courses:
- Business German
- German Contemporary Culture
- German for Footballers
- German for Law Students
- German for Musicians
- Reading German for Academic Purposes
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
- Integrating Content and Language in Higher Education (ICLHE)
- The International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association (HETL)
- The European Consortium for Languages (ECL)