The Student Centre, located on the ground floor of the Bannerman Centre (library), provides a range of administrative services and support to all students; from registration and re-enrolement, through course duration to graduation and former students. The Student Centre should be your first port of call for any administrative enquiries, including:
- Student records and general administration, including enrolment, name changes and travel discounts (such as the Student Oystercard)
- Finance enquiries, including tuition fee and accommodation payments and invoices, student loans support, scholarships and bursaries
- The University Hardship Fund and emergency loan information, and the Money Doctors advisers.
- Accommodation enquiries, including information relating to payments, vacating procedures, deposits and refunds
- Help with Student Annual Vehicle Permits to park on campus, including support with permit applications, lost/damaged permits and change of vehicle registration. Applications can be made, once you are fully enrolled, through eVision .
- Student ID cards, including replacement cards and access enquiries
- Help with accessing eVision and Blackboard, including logging in, password resets and task activity support for eVision
- Student letters and visa extensions, including bank, council tax and student status letters (many of these can also be requested via eVision).
- Help with Immigration Questions, visa extensions, in country applications and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) numbers for international students.
The Student Centre Intranet pages (log-in required) contain detailed information on the services provided and opening hours.