Dr Hongying Meng is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, Brunel University London where he joined in as a lecturer in 2011. Before that, he held research positions in several UK universities including University College London (UCL), University of York, University of Lincoln, University of Dundee and University of Southampton. He received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Electronic Systems from Xi’an Jiaotong University and was a lecturer in Electronic Engineering Department of Tsinghua University in China.
Dr Meng has a wide research interests including digital signal processing, machine learning, human computer interaction, computer vision, embedded systems and communications. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a Member of Engineering Professors’ Council (UK), and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Senior Lecturer
- Level 2 coordinator of engineering courses at Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
- College international strategy group
Membership of research centres at Brunel
- Institute of Environment, Health and Societies under the theme of Biomedical Engineering
- Human Centred Research
- Big Data Analytics
- Autonomous Systems and Robotics
- Recipient of "Best Entry for the Affect Recognition Sub-Challenge", Third International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2013) at international conference ACM Multimedia 2013, Barcelona, Spain, 2013.
- Recipient of audio sub-challenge prize (winner), First International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge (AVEC2011) at international conference ACII2011, Memphis, USA, 2011.
- Recipient of the Tsinghua-Kodak prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1999.
Newest selected publications
Cosmas, JP., meunier, B., Ali, K., Jawad, N., Salih, M., Meng, H., (2018) 'A Scalable and License Free 5G Internet of Radio Light Architecture for Services in Homes & Businesses'.Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting. Valencia, Spain. 8 - 8 Juneet al.
Gaus, YFA. and Meng, H. (Accepted) 'Linear and Non-Linear Multimodal Fusion for Continuous Affect Estimation in-the-Wild'.IEEE Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition. Xi'an, China.[unpublished]
Jan, A., Ding, H., Meng, H., Chen, L. and Li, H. (Accepted) 'Accurate Facial Parts Localization and Deep Learning for 3D Facial Expression Recognition'.IEEE Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition. Xi'an, China.[unpublished]
Intzes, I., Meng, H. and Cosmas, J. (Accepted) 'High Data Rate FinFET On-off Keying Transmitter for Wireless Capsule Endoscopy'. VLSI Design. ISSN: 1065-514X
Cosmas, JP., Meunier, B., Ali, K., Jawad, N., Salih, M., Meng, H., (2018) 'A Scaleable and License Free 5G Internet of Radio Light Architecture for Services in Train Stations'.EU Wireless. Catania, Italy. 4 - 4 Mayet al.