ID Documents for students living in the EU
As a part of your DBS application your identity needs to be confirmed. In order to do this you need to provide original identity documentation (photocopies are not accepted) to the Professional verifier in your home country, more information can be found below. If you are living in the UK, please refer to the Home students DBS criteria.
What documents do you need to provide?
You must provide 3 documents:
1 document from Group 1 and 2 further documents from Group 1, 2a or 2b, one of which must confirm your current address.
Document Group 1 Primary Trusted Identity Documents
- A current valid passport (any nationality)
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- A current UK (full or provisional) photo card driving licence (UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands/other EU country, including Ireland)
Document Group 2A Trusted Government/State issued documents
We cannot accept any documents from this section for EU applicants.
Document Group 2B Financial/Social History documents
The following documents must be less than 3 months old:
- Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA)
- Bank / Building Society Statement (UK, Channel Islands or EEA) (Online bank statements are not acceptable)
The following documents must still be valid:
- EU National ID card
- Work Permit / VISA (UK), (UK Residence Permit)
Please note applicants not from EEA countries will be subject to further 'right to work' checks as evidenced by the ID documents they are asked to submit for the DBS application, this is inline with current Government guidelines.
If you are unable to provide sufficient documentation from the list, please contact the Admissions Office on 01895 265265 or email DBS@brunel.ac.uk