We have a number of projects covering a diverse range of project challenges set by small businesses operating in a variety industry sectors. These business have written a project brief that outlines how they would like you to help them. These are all very pragmatic projects that cover areas such as social media, marketing, new product launch, HR management and accounting finance. The idea is that you will work on the project not at the business, but here on campus at Brunel University London. Projects can be undertaken either as an individual or in a small team of your student colleagues. You can work on one of these projects as part of your final year project or dissertation. The duration of the project can last between 3 weeks to 3/5 months.
We have found from previous years that students select a company project that compliments their final year project or dissertation. The project can provide the primary research required. Beyond this we see some very clear benefits of getting involved:
- Gain invaluable real-world experience
- Test yourself with a project that goes beyond the theoretical
- Build new connections in industry
- Gain valuable employability skills
- Businesses write a project brief based around a specific innovation challenge. The brief describes the project’s context, scope of work, specific objectives. Our academic and Co-Innovate team will review the project for suitability for our students.
- Students are invited to select a project from the range of briefs.
- Students are to submit a current CV, the project brief and a short overview of how you believe this collaboration will further your career.
- A contract is issued once a match is made. This contract is signed between the Student, Business and University.
- A triage meeting is organised between the Business, Academic Supervisor, Innovation Director and student to discuss the project.
- The work is carried out over the academic year. During this time, there are weekly student and monthly supervisor meetings to help keep you on track.
- Complete a final report at the end of your project.
- To find out more about the projects on offer this year – check Blackboard Learn: COMMUNITIES/CO-INNOVATE BBS-SME COLLABORATIONS
- Email Ian Ferris, Dr Geraldine Cohen and Fintan Clear stating that you would like to find out more about an individual project.
- We will connect you with the company so you can have a conversation with them to establish if you want to proceed with the project.
Take a look at the projects and let us know as soon as possible if this is something you would like to explore further, there is no commitment at this point. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com