Updated 19th March 2021
We’re excited at the prospect of re-opening next month and wanted to get in contact to let you know how it will all work. We are currently ramping up operations again in anticipation of re-opening mid-April. Assuming we get the confirmation from the government, we expect to open from 7am on April 12th with normal opening hours. Keep an eye on your Brunel Sport app for the latest updates. We expect to make advance booking for gym slots live from April 7th. This too is subject to the government’s confirmation on re-opening dates.
What does this mean for my payments?
Direct Debit members
- Existing members – compensating for your November payment, you will now pay nothing in April, you will receive 50% off in May, normal charges from June.
- Existing members – you will receive 50% off in April, normal charges from May.
- Existing Annuals are all extended to compensate for closure. Check your expiry date with reception on your next visit. Students who are not returning to campus at all should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not returning to campus just yet?
- Direct Debit members should email DFC now to request a freeze email@example.com. All Direct Debit queries should be directed to DFC.
- Payroll members should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a freeze by 7th April.
- Annual members should email email@example.com to request a freeze
Will Covid measures still be in place?
- Yes, you will still need to book a gym slot (one per day)
- Machines will be spaced out as last year and our stringent hourly cleaning regime remains in place
- We will still need you to do your part by cleaning your equipment after each use and following the one-way system in the building
- Changing rooms remains closed with toilets open, but we hope to open them in some capacity from mid-May
What about classes?
- Check out the Brunel Sport app for online live classes, more to be added soon. We hope to bring back face to face classes from mid-May
For information on other sports facilities, do keep an eye on our social media (@brunel_sport) and website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to see you again – keep checking your Brunel Sport app!
QR code check in
In addition to the current safety measures we have in place, as of 24th September, it is now a legal requirement for us to display the NHS Test and Trace QR code in our facilities as part of Test and Trace. On arrival for each visit, you will need to scan the QR code with the NHS COVID-19 app to help us comply with government regulations. You will also need to swipe in with your membership card or sticker as usual at reception.
How to download the app
If you have a smartphone, please download the NHS COVID-19 app, available for both Apple and Android devices, so that you have the app ready on your phone before you get here. If you have issues downloading it, check the NHS website for help.
If you don’t have a smartphone, please ensure we have the most up-to-date contact details for you when you check in at reception on your next visit, we will need an email address and phone number for you.