Updated 19th March 2021
We’re excited at the prospect of re-opening next month and wanted to get in contact to let you know how it will all work. We are currently ramping up operations again in anticipation of re-opening mid-April. Assuming we get the confirmation from the government, we expect to open from 7am on April 12th with normal opening hours. Keep an eye on your Brunel Sport app for the latest updates. We expect to make advance booking for gym slots live from April 7th. This too is subject to the government’s confirmation on re-opening dates.
What does this mean for my payments?
Direct Debit members
- Existing members – compensating for your November payment, you will now pay nothing in April, you will receive 50% off in May, normal charges from June.
- Existing members – you will receive 50% off in April, normal charges from May.
- Existing Annuals are all extended to compensate for closure. Check your expiry date with reception on your next visit. Students who are not returning to campus at all should email email@example.com
Not returning to campus just yet?
- Direct Debit members should email DFC now to request a freeze firstname.lastname@example.org. All Direct Debit queries should be directed to DFC.
- Payroll members should email email@example.com to request a freeze by 7th April.
- Annual members should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a freeze
Will Covid measures still be in place?
- Yes, you will still need to book a gym slot (one per day)
- Machines will be spaced out as last year and our stringent hourly cleaning regime remains in place
- We will still need you to do your part by cleaning your equipment after each use and following the one-way system in the building
- Changing rooms remains closed with toilets open, but we hope to open them in some capacity from mid-May
What about classes?
- Check out the Brunel Sport app for online live classes, more to be added soon. We hope to bring back face to face classes from mid-May
For information on other sports facilities, do keep an eye on our social media (@brunel_sport) and website, or email email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see you again – keep checking your Brunel Sport app!
Updated 6th January 2021
We hope you had a restful festive break.
Following the latest government announcement, we can confirm that Brunel Gym remains closed until further notice.
A reduced online class timetable – featuring yoga, Pilates and Mindfulness classes – runs from Monday and is free to students and staff via our Brunel Sport app.
Information on payments:
Direct debit Members: we will not charge you until we re-open. On re-opening we will also compensate for the payment you made in November. If you have any concerns about your Direct Debit, your freeze or wish to cancel, please email DFC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not reply to this email.
Staff Payroll Members: We will not deduct from your payslips until we re-open.
Annual Members: The months you lose to closure will be added to your subscription when we re-open.
Brunel’s other sports facilities are also currently closed until further notice.
We will update you once the situation changes. In the meantime, feel free to use the online classes to keep up your fitness and look after your mental health in these unprecedented times. We will also provide updates on our social media: @brunel_sport.
Happy new year to you all and let’s look forward to positive changes in the coming months!
We are delighted that we're back open following Lockdown 2.0 and pleased to announce that the Brunel Gym in the Sports Centre has increased in capacity to 35 spaces. Please ensure you read this FAQs page and watch our introduction video before attending. We have also:
- resumed normal, pre-covid opening hours - adding 3 new booking slots to every week
- We have implemented a 3-strike policy for those that do not show up to their gym slot, to encourage members to free up slots where they cannot attend
- Some members have been booking 2 sessions in a day; now that gym capacity is under pressure we will automatically cancel the 2nd booking
We hope that with these changes, along with extra safety additions will ensure your return to the gym is as safe as possible following government guidlines.
QR code check in
In addition to the current safety measures we have in place, as of 24th September, it is now a legal requirement for us to display the NHS Test and Trace QR code in our facilities as part of Test and Trace. On arrival for each visit, you will need to scan the QR code with the NHS COVID-19 app to help us comply with government regulations. You will also need to swipe in with your membership card or sticker as usual at reception.
How to download the app
If you have a smartphone, please download the NHS COVID-19 app, available for both Apple and Android devices, so that you have the app ready on your phone before you get here. If you have issues downloading it, check the NHS website for help.
If you don’t have a smartphone, please ensure we have the most up-to-date contact details for you when you check in at reception on your next visit, we will need an email address and phone number for you.