21 Apr 2022, 10:00 - 18:00
Micheal Sterling 158
04/21/2022 10:00 AM
04/21/2022 06:00 PM
Material Extrusion 3D Printing Design and Operations Workshop
Are you keen to learn about 3D Printing? This is a free-to-attend course open to anyone aged 18 and above, which you will receive a certificate upon successful completion.
Micheal Sterling 158
Join our mailing list
Are you keen to learn about 3D Printing?
This is a free-to-attend course open to anyone aged 18 and above, which you will receive a certificate upon successful completion. Participants should attend all 5 sessions to successfully meet the learning objectives.
This course will be delivered across 4 days, face-to-face at Brunel University London in Michael Sterling Building, Room MCST 158. This training comprises five independent learning units covering the following topics:
1. 3D Printing Material Extrusion (MEX) Overview (21st April 2022, 10am-2pm)
2. Introduction to Computer Aided Design (CAD) (22nd April 2022, 10am-2pm)
3. Design for Material Extrusion (MEX) (28th April 2022, 10am-2pm)
4. 3D Printer Operation and Practical Applications (29th April 2022, 10am-2pm)
5. 3D Printing Project “Do it Yourself” (29th April 2022, 2.30pm-6pm)
At the end of each learning unit, there will be a summative assessment of multiple-choice questions to evaluate your knowledge. An online questionnaire will also be distributed to obtain feedback about the training course.
After this course you will be able to:
· Increase the level of knowledge on Material Extrusion (MEX) processes
· Understand the potential and limitations of Polymer materials and real-life applications
· Develop 3D Design Thinking and Design principles for MEX
· Utilise software to create 3D CAD models
· Prepare files for the print process
· Familiarise with the printing process, post-processing and basic troubleshooting of 3D printers
Requirements: To attend this course, participants need to be aged 18 and above and will need to bring their own internet-enabled device (laptop).
Participants will be required to sign a participant consent form to join the workshop in-person. The deadline for registration is 19th April 2022 at 5pm BST.
If you have any questions, please email Dr Hsiang Hsiang Loh – Hsianghsiang.firstname.lastname@example.org
This free training course on Material Extrusion 3D Printing Design and Operations is organised under the scope of the DEMOorDIE Project (https://www.demoordieproject.eu).The project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
To register click here