Hounslow Action For Youth - Communications Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Established in 1987, Hounslow Action for Youth (HAY) is an award-winning charity. Our aim is to prevent disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people from engaging in crime or anti-social behaviour by providing stimulating activities and personalised support that improve their education and learning, identifying and encouraging their strengths and passions so that they can become active citizens, reach their full potential and have better chances in life.
We operate across the London Borough of Hounslow but target these three disadvantaged wards:
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Communications Volunteer will work with the Director and Project Manager to assist with marketing and communications across the organisation to help spread the word about HAY’s projects, events and impact.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Project Manager to create compelling content for digital social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, helping build social media reach and presence
- Design and develop marketing and publication materials using tools such as CANVA
- Assist with developing fundraising tools such as case studies, powerful stories that demonstrate the impact of our work and sharing with the wider public
- Research and reach out to marketing opportunities
We would like volunteers to commit to 5-6 hours a week for at least 3 months. Hours are flexible and can be worked be around the student’s timetable.
Volunteers will work remotely. They will participate in team virtual meetings, receive virtual training and weekly supervision (via Zoom).
Undergraduate or graduate students of Marketing/Communications or similar disciplines with a desire to build their own portfolio of work.
We are looking for a volunteer with a passion for storytelling, communications and the drive to develop skills.
- Good knowledge and skills in using online platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills, with experience of using databases
- Access to training courses provided by Hounslow CVS. All training will be paid for
- Transferrable skills across IT, communication, creativity and design, team work
- Volunteering Hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards