Otermans Institute - Digital Marketing and Social Media Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Otermans Institute (OI) provides transferable and employability skills training to some of the more disadvantaged students in ten countries globally including Iraq, Nepal, Bangladesh, and India. We are also contracted with local governments and currently impact 30,000+ pupils in the region.
Physical training has taken a back foot due to COVID-19, but OI continues supporting students weekly through live digital sessions. Through this, we are supporting learners who are forced out of school due to the pandemic, those who are in extremely remote locations, and those who have been affected by violence and warlike refugees in United Nations camps.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are a social organisation aiming to upskill a generation globally using tailored transferable and employability skills training. Some of the students we are supporting include refugee and IDP learners in UN camps and school students who are still forced out of school due to the pandemic. We are putting together a social media strategy to increase awareness of our current training programme. We are looking for digital marketing and social media volunteers to help create and implement this strategy to ensure we increase our client base and awareness while providing our volunteers with direct social media and digital marketing training and experience.
Digital Marketing and Social Media Volunteer:
- Supporting the team in creating and implementing the social media strategy
- Involvement in digital marketing of various channels; research and creating engaging social media content and scheduling social media posts
- You will engage in systematic market and product research
- Volunteers will be trained on professional business communication in order to contact industry and digital parties a week on a target basis. This can lead to Zoom calls with some of these organisations after going through an internal training
- Analysing digital markets, identifying trends in them and using this information to influence core digital groups. Using this knowledge to implement this in various online channels
- Attending regular team meetings to discuss tasks, provide peer support and plan ahead
- Working on target driven initiatives both on creating leads, securing clients, social media target driven expectations and generation of funds
Other roles may include:
- Reviewing our existing online presence
- Writing news pieces for the company (blogs etc.)
- Writing press releases
- Regular training sessions will be provided on specific skills that are needed so that you can excel in your roles for the company and also develop essential job skills for the future
- Well-organised and self-motivated
- Excellent written communication skills with good attention to detail
- Some experience working in a team in a professional or voluntary capacity
- Good understanding of social media and building brand following mechanisms
- Ability to think creatively when sharing content.
- Some experience of working in a small team
- Interest in technology
- Understanding or experience of education and/or the digital world is beneficial
- Able to use initiative and manage small projects independently
- Confident and professional in working with stakeholders
- Good and popular personal social media accounts with reasonable followership and engagements
- Free training
- Volunteering Hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards