Membership and affiliation
- Honorary Member of the Institute for Brazilian Lawyers (IAB), the oldest legal institution in the Americas, founded in 1843.
- Member of the Brazilan Studies Association (BRASA).
- Member of the Association for the Study of Law, Culture and the Humanities.
- Member of the Grupo de Pesquisa Direito e Cinema.
- Board member of RECAP.
Latest media quests include:
- A comment on the investigation opened by the Public Prosecution Office in the State of Minas Gerais (MPMG) against hate speech supposedly promoted by Colégio Batista Getsêmani, a baptist faith-based school, against minorities in Brazil. The comment was published by fact-check agency Coletivo Beréia and is available here: "Diretor de Colégio Batista afirma sofrer perseguição religiosa".
- The Brazilian Covid situation: podcast interview by the Renew Our World movement (ROWcast) with Dr Marcus De Matos and José Carlos Muniz from RECAP, on their legal claims taking the Brazilian Federal government and other State and local authorities to court over their mismanagement of the pandemic.
Dr De Matos is available for media quests on issues pertaining to human rights, democracy and public law (such as conflicts between parliament and constitutional courts) globally and domestically, with a particular interest in Brazil, Latin America, and the Lusophone Commonwealth. He is also available for media quests on law and equality, freedom of speech and religion, and the protection of journalists, witnesses and human rights activists.