PROVISION OF EVENT MANAGEMENT FOR CO-INNOVATE JOURNEYS PROGRAMME
1.1 Co-Innovate Journeys is a 3year project based at Brunel University London building on the internationally renowned work at the University. The project promotes innovation and provides advice and guidance to London based small and medium sized enterprises. In particular the project will equip the participating companies with open innovation techniques and access to Brunel Academics, students, laboratories, testing and prototyping facilities.
1.2 The project is jointly funded by the EU, through the ERDF London Programme and Brunel University with a total project cost of £2.8 million until March 2023.
2. Duration of contract
2.1 1st October 2020 - 30th September 2021 - 16 hours per month. Extension beyond the contract will be undertaken subject to a review.
3.1 Brunel University is seeking to appoint a provider who will support the Operations Manager and Project Team. The work is expected to include:
- Support the Operations Manager to create a programme of events to cover subject matters including Accessing Overseas Markets, Business after Brexit, Health & Well-being in SME's and other events (please state in tender what other events).
- Organise high profile guest speakers for events.
- Build relationships with Brunel Academics to include their expertise in events Provide relevant reports/outlines for events as required.
- Attend meetings with Operations Manager and Project Team to brief about events.
4. Budget & pricing
4.1 Provide daily/hourly rates inclusive and exclusive of VAT
5. Skills and experience
5.1 The successful provider must demonstrate:
- Experience of working on large event organisation
- Knowledge and experience of specific subject matters for events.
- Evidence of previous event management skills including sourcing high profile speakers and event planning.
- Ability to meet deadlines, have effective communication, plan and organise own workload and adapt to a flexible approach to the demands of the project work.
6.1 Payment will be made in arrears upon the receipt of an invoice from the successful provider, in accordance with Brunel University normal terms and conditions. Invoicing will be on a monthly basis.
7. Place of Work and Equipment
Due to Covid-19, the initial place of work will be through online meetings and webinars and working from home, this will be reviewed during the contract and may be updated if the situation with Covid-19 changes.
The provider will adhere to and comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Environmental Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy in accordance with the University policies.
If you are interested in providing this service, please provide the following documentation:
- Tender document describing how you will deliver this service
- A quote for this service
- Copy of your up to date CV with details of your skills and experience
- Copy of your current business insurance 5-10k public liability
- Your Company Registration Number or copy of a tax assessment page showing your UTR Number
Please note the deadline for submission is 17.00 Hours - 2nd October 2020
Please submit this to Co-Innovate Operations Manager Rhona Denness Rhona.firstname.lastname@example.org