10% tuition fee waiver for GEMS students
Brunel University London is pleased to offer an automatic 10% fee waiver to offer holders from the GEMS Education network of schools. The fee waiver only applies to the first year tuition fees.
How do I apply?
- This scholarship is available to offer holders on any undergraduate programme starting in September 2019. If you haven’t submitted an application yet, please enquire with your school counsellor to find out more about the application process.
- As this is an automatic award, no separate application is required to be considered for the fee waiver. All applications for undergraduate study at Brunel University London from self-funded, GEMS Education network will be considered.
Am I eligible?
To be considered for the award you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be studying at a GEMS school
- Classed as an international fee paying student and be self-funded
- Hold an offer to study on a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2019
- Meet all conditions of your offer by the 15th of August 2019
- Commence your studies at Brunel University London in September 2019.
Those not eligible for these awards:
- Applicants NOT classed as Overseas for fees purposes.
- Applicants who are not self-funded and are being sponsored by a Government or external body.
- Applicants who will NOT commence their course in September 2019
- Applicants holding an offer on a course that offers a College Specific Scholarship for International students will not be considered for this scheme.
- Undergraduate applicants entering a course at level 2 or level 3.
- Applicants entering a course with London Brunel International College (LBIC), or who are progressing to a Brunel course from an LBIC course.
- Applicants entering a course with the Brunel Language Centre.
Terms and Conditions
1.1. Fee waiver will be awarded automatically and will be formally awarded in September following receipt of exam results.
1.2. The awards cannot be combined with any other University scholarship, bursary, discount or award, with the exception of the 2% prompt payment discount.
1.3 If an applicant is eligible for more than one scholarship/bursary, they will be awarded the one which will be the most financially beneficial across the full course duration.
1.4 The fee waiver is for the September entry of the academic year 2019/20 only and cannot be deferred to later months or years of entry. Course applicants who intend to defer their studies will lose any award they have been made.
2. Conditions of payment
2.1. Awardees receiving tuition fee waivers will be responsible for paying the remainder of their tuition fees after the fee waiver contribution is deducted from the total fees for the academic year.
2.2. The fee waiver does not replace the deposit of £3,000. All offer holders will need to pay the £3,000 deposit for their course in order to receive an unconditional offer and a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS).
2.3. The 10% tuition fee waiver is applied on the first year tuition fees only and not subsequent years. The fee waiver is applied on the January tuition fee instalment.
2.4. The fee waiver will only be applied providing the student is fully enrolled at the University on a full time undergraduate degree, which includes having had their qualifications and other documentation verified and checked, and then completing the University enrolment procedures. This includes holding the correct visa to study.
2.5 Students must supply relevant UK bank details via eVision in early September by no later than the first day of term.
3. Withdrawal of fee waiver
3.1. Misleading information: The University reserves the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
3.2. Mode of Attendance Change: If a student changes to different mode of study, their eligibility for the fee waiver will be reviewed. The fee waiver will be withdrawn if the change is from full time to part time or distance learning.
3.3. Course Change: If a student changes course within the academic year but remains at the same level of study, this will have no impact on the fee waiver.
3.4. Repeat/Extended Study: Periods of temporary withdrawal that result in repeat or extended periods of study are not supported by additional fee waiver payments. Fee waiver entitlement is for the maximum duration of each award and entitlement is not extended if overall course duration alters.
3.5. Withdrawal from Study: A student who withdraws from their programme prior to completion and who is in receipt of a fee waiver award will not normally be requested to repay scholarship payments made up to the point of withdrawal. However, entitlement to all future fee waiver payments and/or adjustments cease immediately a student withdraws.
3.6. Fee Waiver Amendments: Fee waivers are applied at the start of the academic year as part/all of a fee waiver entitlement and will not normally be amended once the fee waiver has been processed. Any tuition fee liability remaining after fee waivers are applied would therefore be calculated in accordance with Student Financial Policy. In the case of withdrawal or abeyance the tuition fee and the fee waiver are calculated in accordance with Student Financial Policy.
More information on all international scholarships can be found here.
Any queries relating to these terms and conditions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org