The Scholarly Communication Office, Library Services, provides a range of services to support the publishing and sharing of publications, data and other outputs arising from Brunel research. Our services are designed to support academics during a cultural transition to open digital scholarship. We help our researchers to:
- achieve greater impact for research publications and data through open access, via the University's ‘Gold’ open access funding streams and 'Green' open access via our institutional repositories
- record their research outputs, including publications, grants and media appearances in BRAD
- meet funder requirements for open access and research data
- prepare data management plans for funding applications
- store, share and publish research data
- make their research outputs open, discoverable and accessible to funders, the research community and the public, via our research repositories, BURA and BrunelFigshare.
We aim to help our researchers easily adopt and embed open science good practice into the research process and further the development of a thriving open research environment.
We understand the pressures our researchers face and aim to develop services which are easy to use and help our world-class research to be disseminated as widely as possible for maximum benefit and impact.