For the 20/21 scheme the below criteria applies.
Brunel’s scheme is open to Brunel University International students who will be graduating within 12 months from 1 May 2020 and will apply for the visa within three months of their graduation. If you are graduating between 1 May 2020 and 30 April 2021 and you wish to be considered, you will need to apply for the Start-up visa GES scheme by 1 June 2020.
The Innovation Hub applies the following criteria to submissions:
1. The student must have financial ability and commitment to spend the majority of their working time solely on developing their business.
2. The student must demonstrate a high standard of written and spoken English.
3. Their idea must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Clear links with Brunel University London (e.g. a business directly applying learning from Brunel)
- Is a very novel entrepreneurial idea displaying innovation and creativity
- Is a genuine and credible business idea (i.e. you have tested and validated the key assumptions and critical success factors for your business idea)
- It has to be a graduate level idea. For example, setting up a fast food business in the UK would not be considered.
- Generally, it must plan to be generating revenue within 12 months (exceptions will be considered)
4. The student must have some evidence of entrepreneurship and must have taken steps to prepare themselves to have what it takes to run a business.
5. The student must agree to provide time to assist Brunel with promoting entrepreneurship.
6. The student must submit annual and quarterly updated plans in advance of pre-agreed meeting dates with defined activities (i.e. ongoing work) and deliverables (i.e. measurable outcomes) that can be measured against plans and recorded and evidenced for UK immigration.