You can develop and expand your communication skills and gain a competitive advantage in the global job market by learning one of our nine languages offered.
Language courses are free to all enrolled Brunel students. If you are an Alumni or member of the local community, find out about our course prices and how to apply here.
What are the benefits of learning a new language?
- You will gain an insight into other cultures
- You can use your new language skills to network internationally
- It will help you prepare to study abroad for a term or a full year through our exchange programmes
- Our language courses provide students with extra ciriculum credits that can be added to your Brunel+ account
- You will gain a competitive advantage as a graduate in the global job market
How are the language classes run?
The language courses are run over the first two terms and includes a two hour evening class each week.
From October 2021, we will offer a mix of online and Face-to Face courses
What languages are on offer?
We offer courses in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish. All courses are offered at various levels from beginner to advanced.
Is there an award after completing the course?
Once your course teaching has finished you will be invivted to a graduation ceremony where all students who have completed their language course will be awarded an official certificate. Brunel students are able to list the course on your Brunel+ account, which records all students extra circular activitivites.
If you are a Brunel student and a native speaker in one of languages (Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish) you can volunteer to be a language assistant, find out more here.
A very supportive and friendly environment made by the teacher and assistant. Although a few topics were quite challenging, it was taught at a comfortable pace and was made to seem easier!
Putri Natassya, Mandarin 1, 2015-16