Oxfam - Charity Shop Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Our purpose is to help create lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty. We are part of a global movement for change, empowering people to create a future that is secure, and free from poverty. In our shops, we work to raise as much money as possible to achieve this purpose and provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for local individuals to engage with their community.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Our shops would not be able to raise crucial funds for Oxfam’s emergency and development work worldwide without our dedicated volunteers, who provide their time and bring a multitude of skills. In return, we offer personal development, valuable insight into charity retail and a friendly environment to meet new people.
- Using the shop’s guidelines to sort and price donated clothes, books, homewares etc
- Providing customer service on the shop floor
- Creating attractive displays across the shop
- Promoting our Gift Aid scheme
- Listing items on our online channels including Oxfam’s Online Shop
- Promoting our shops to the local community through social media
We can be flexible with a volunteer’s gift of time but we usually like a commitment of about 4 hours per week.
Volunteers are needed in the following shops:
- Oxfam, 19 Bridge Street, Pinner HA5 3HR
- Oxfam, 405 High Road, Wembley HA9 7DT
You do not need specific skills and experience but the following would be useful:
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness
- Ability to work within Oxfam’s policies and shop guidelines
- An interest in retail and customer service
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under own initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Gain valuable experience in retail at an international charity
- Travel and lunch expenses in accordance with Oxfam’s policies
- Volunteering Hours go towards the Brunel Volunteer Awards