British Heart Foundation - Cash Desk Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
British Heart Foundation has huge number of charities shops that sells donated items online or in store to help fund heart and circulatory research in the UK. The organisation intends for a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases, funding around £100 million research projects every year, as well as heart transplants, pacemakers, portable defibrillators, 3D printed hearts and valve replacements.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
In this role, you will handle financial transactions and provide customer service at the checkout counter playing a crucial part in ensuring the smooth and efficient processing of payments and contributing to the overall success of the charity. As a Cash Desk Volunteer, you will develop cash handling skills, customer service skills, and attention to detail skills.
Typical duties include:
- Engaging with customers and serving them in a helpful and friendly way
- Answering questions from customers, donors, and supporters
- Communicating with fellow volunteers about what has sold and needs re-stocking
- Honing your retail and cashier skills behind the till and taking payments
Please note, the Brunel Volunteers team would like you to commit to a minimum of 2-3 months.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript