British Heart Foundation - Cash Desk Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. Funding research is how we change the game, and we have been funding science since 1961. Heart transplants, pacemakers, portable defibrillators, 3D printed hearts and valve replacements are all breakthroughs we have helped fund. As the biggest independent founder of heart and circulatory research in the UK, we are funding around £100 million worth of research projects every year.
Our vision is a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. It’s a bold ambition, and we cannot achieve it alone. To beat the world’s biggest killers, we need the collective effort of millions. From across research charities, the health service, academia, government, supporters, industry and beyond – we are calling on the nation to get behind our strategy and help us deliver on our promises.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Could you be the friendly face of your local British Heart Foundation shop? With support around you and full training provided, you will be processing sales through the till as a cashier, talking to customers and thanking every donor - helping us continue to fund life-saving research. This is a customer focussed role where you will meet and interact with a wide range of people.
Typical tasks include:
- Engaging with customers and serving them in a helpful and friendly way
- Answering questions from customers, donors and supporters
- Communicating with fellow volunteers about what has sold and needs re-stocking
- Honing your retail and cashier skills behind the till and taking payments
- Helping with administration and reception duties around the till area
- Promoting Gift Aid and sales campaigns
- 25% discount on all our donated items
- Retail Trust support
- Specialist training
- Certificates of Achievement
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards